Facts of Abraham Quintanilla Jr.:
|Full Name:||Abraham Quintanilla|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Father:||Abraham Gonzalez Quintanilla Sr.|
|Mother:||Maria Tereza Calderon|
Abraham Quintanilla Jr. is a singer-songwriter and producer. Abraham Quintanilla Jr. is best known as the father of late Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla. He is now the founder of the Selena Foundation.
How old is Abraham Quintanilla Jr.?
Abraham was born on February 20, 1939. He is an 82-year-old man. Similarly, he was born in Corpus Christi, Texas. As a result, he has the nationality of an American. Likewise, he was born under the sign of Pisces. Abraham was born to parents Maria Tereza Calderon (Mother) and Abraham Gonzalez Quintanilla Sr ( Father).
His parents used to forage for vegetables, cotton, and fruits to make a living. However, his father, Abraham Quintanilla Sr, later worked as an autobody repairman to support his family. Abraham Jr. was born into a family of eight, five of whom were his siblings. Although the names of his siblings are not yet known.
Education of Abraham Quintanilla Jr.
He attended Roy Miller High School, which was located in his hometown. He wasn’t the most studious of people. As a result, he and his high school friends formed the Gumdrops choir. Abraham was a rambunctious young man. He was interested in music and wanted to test his skills. As a result, he dropped out of high school during his senior year to pursue his dreams. His mother, on the other hand, was not thrilled with his decision.
What is Abraham Quintanilla Jr. Net Worth?
According to various websites, his net worth is estimated to be around $10 million. He is a record producer and the founder of the Selena Foundation. Although details about his salary and other assets are not currently available, it is safe to assume that he earns a good living.
Is Abraham Quintanilla Jr. still married to his wife?
Abraham is a family man who is married to Marcella Samora. He met his wife while in the military, and the couple married in 1963. He is the father of three children. Abraham Isaac Quintanilla III was named after him. Similarly, his second child, Suzette Michelle Quintanilla, was born in 1967. Selena, his second daughter, was born in April of 1971. He adores his family. However, Abraham and his entire family had to deal with the tragic loss of his beloved daughter Selena.
Selena and Abraham Quintanilla Jr.
Selena, Abraham’s third child, was born on April 16, 1971, at the Freeport Community Hospital. Selena had a musical talent that her father recognized at a young age. Abraham decided to realize his dreams through his children. Without further ado, he engaged her in vocal training.
Taking inspiration from his previous band, he formed Selena y Los Dinos, which translates to Selena and The Guys. He even opened a restaurant called PapaGayos so Selena could perform in front of people. However, due to the aftereffects of World War II, the location was closed down. Abraham had not given up on his dreams despite being evicted from their own homes.
Abraham and his daughter performed at various social gatherings such as weddings, parties, and a variety of other social events. Selena was finally signed by Freddie Records in 1984, after overcoming many obstacles in her life. Her father, however, moved her to Cara Records soon after the release of her first record. Selena’s career progressed over time, and she and her bands reached new heights.
Selena previously won a Grammy for her album “Best Mexican-American Album.” Selena and her family’s happiness, however, did not last long. Selena was brutally murdered on March 31, 1995, by a woman named Yolanda Saldivar. Yolanda was the president of the Selena fan club and the manager of Selena boutiques.
How does Abraham Quintanilla Jr. look like?
Abraham has black hair and dark brown eyes. Aside from these, the rest of his body measurements are not currently available on the web. More information is still being compiled.
Career Line of Abraham Quintanilla Jr.
- He first gave wings to his dream of becoming a professional singer in 1957, when he saw one of his alumni classmates perform.
- He had just learned that one of the band members was leaving, leaving the group without a vocalist. That’s when he fired his shot and approached the band. The band’s name was “Los Dinos.” In 1959, the band released its first song.
- The song was titled “So Hard To Tell,” and it quickly became popular on a radio station in Abraham’s hometown.
- Their song single, like their first song, was a hit and received a lot of airplay in South Texas. Their popularity as a musical band grew even more after this particular song.
- However, it was not always a happy time for the Los Dinos. Because they were of Mexican descent, the band faced extreme racial discrimination and hatred. Their shows were canceled solely because they were Mexican Americans.
- Likewise, they were denied various accommodations while traveling out of town to perform. Unlike their previous songs, their third and fourth singles did not farewell.
- Abraham was drafted into military service in 1961 and discharged in 1963, so the band did not release new music for a long time.
- After he rejoined the band, they began to experiment with new genres of music such as American pop and rock and roll.
- When the band was performing for a Mexican crowd one evening, the audience demanded that they sing Spanish-Mexican songs.
- Unfortunately, the band didn’t know how to play any Mexican music and had to face humiliation after an angry crowd hissed at them.
- Due to a variety of factors, the band changed their genre to Chicano Rocks and released their first record in the new genre in 1964. Con Esta Copa, which translates to With This Cup, was one of the band’s most popular songs.
- However, as time passed and new bands with greater potential emerged, Los Dino’s popularity waned. Abraham decided to leave the band in order to support his family.
- The band continued on without him for a few years before officially disbanding.
- After leaving the band, he went to work full-time for Dow Chemical. He does not, however, work there at the moment.
- He most likely left his job at Dow Chemical after the death of his daughter Selena.
- While his daughter was still alive, Abraham began to create albums that would never see the light of day.
- ollowing the death of his daughter Selena, he became involved in a number of projects involving his daughter Selena’s words.
- He was invited to various television shows to speak about his late daughter. Similarly, there are few documentaries and movies about Selena in which Abraham appears.
- Similarly, he and the rest of his family founded the Selena Foundation to assist children in need.