Alex Newell is a talented American actor and singer. Alex Newell is best known for her roles as Unique Adams on the Fox musical series Glee and Mo on Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. She also appeared as Asaka in the Broadway revival of Once on This Island at the Circle in the Square Theater in 2018. As a singer, Newell has collaborated with Clean Bandit, Blonde, and The Knocks.
How old is Alex Newell?
The talented artist was born on August 20, 1992, in Lynn, Massachusetts, and is 28 years old. Her full name is Alex Newell Aonce. Her nationality is American, and her sun sign is Leo. Similarly, she is of Afro-American descent and practices Roman Catholicism. Her father, a deacon, died of cancer when she was six years old, leaving her mother to raise her as a single parent. Brenda Newell is the name of her mother.
After four years of education in the first class of Kipp Lynn Academy. She then graduated from Bishop Fenwick High School in 2012. She was active in his school’s choir, improv club, and costume club, as well as her church choir. Before landing the role on Glee, Newell had never received any formal voice training. She has cited Donna Summer, Sylvester, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, and Beyonce as influences.
How much is Alex Newell’s Net Worth?
With Glee, Geography Club, and The Glee Project, Newell made her a millionaire. She is also the owner of an apartment in Los Angeles, California, USA. She is one of the top 60 richest actresses in the world in 2020. Her net worth is estimated to be around $1.1 million in total. There is no doubt that she will amass more wealth in the future as a result of her hard work.
Is Alex Newell in a relationship?
According to The Glee Project, Alex Newell is gay. She has, however, never discussed her marital status in public. Furthermore, there is no information available about her previous or current dating life. As a result, we can conclude that she is currently single.
How tall is Alex Newell?
She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 75 kg, according to his body measurements. Her body dimensions are 34-72-84 inches. Similarly, Newell has black curly coily hair. Her eyes are dark brown, and she has a dark skin tone. Her clothing style is also bohemian. Her shoe size is 6, and she wears a 34C bra. She also requires an L-size dress. She appears to love her body as it is and isn’t embarrassed to show off her body parts.
Career line of Alex Newell
- Alex’s first single, a disco-fueled cover of Sigma’s “Nobody to Love,” was released in 2014. Following that are a few one-off singles, including a cover of Robin S.’s “Show Me Love” with DJ Matvey Emerson and, for Christmas 2015, an R&B ballad version of “O Come All Ye Faithful.”
- For the time being, Newell reprised her role on Glee during the show’s sixth season, during which she performed “I Know Where I’ve Been” from the musical Hairspray with the 200-member Transpersons Choir.
- In 2015, Newell appeared as a guest on Hulu’s comedy series Resident Advisors. She contributed music to the HBO TV show Vinyl, on a track that also featured DJ Cassidy and Jess Glynne. Her dance-pop EP Power was released in early 2016, and she went on tour in support of American Idol and Glee alumnus Adam Lambert. Power reached the Top Five on Billboard’s Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart.
- Later that year, she topped the Dance Club Songs chart with “Kill the Lights,” which she co-wrote with DJ Cassidy and Jess Glynn to promote Nile Rodgers.
- Newell’s Broadway debut came in late 2017, when she played Asaka in the Tony Award-winning revival of Once on This Island. The show closed on Broadway in January 2019. She returned to the recording studio for the first time in three years in mid-2019, releasing the standalone single “As I Am.”
- Later that year, she charted at number four on the Dance Club Songs chart with a featured spot on DJ D Sol’s cover of the R&B classic “Rescue Me.”
- Following a guest appearance on Empire, Newell returned to television full-time as Mo. Mo is Zoey’s gender-fluid neighbor on the music-themed series Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. It debuted on NBC in January 2020. Big Beast released his solo single “Boy, You Can Keep It” a month later.
- Newell received a special recognition award at the 2015 GLAAD Media Awards. She was also nominated for a Grammy as a member of the album. We believe she will be recognized for even more accomplishments and awards in the future.