A Welsh media character and gathering chief, Carol Vorderman is better known for co-facilitating the famous game show, Countdown. What’s more, that to for a very long time, from 1982-2008. At the current age of 57, Carol Vorderman actually looks youthful and delightful. Be that as it may, would she say she is carrying on with a very much settled day-to-day life or is single? Look down to know more.
Who is Carol Vorderman Parents?
Carol Jean Vorderman was born on December 24, 1960, in Bedford, Bedfordshire, England, under the sign of Capricorn. Her current age is 57 as of 2018. Her nationality is British, and she is of Dutch-Welsh ancestry. Carol is the third of her parents’ three children.
Her father, Anton ‘Tony’ Vorderman, is of Dutch origin, and her mother, Edwin Jean, is of Welsh origin. Carol’s parents divorced three weeks after she was born, and her mother moved her and her siblings to Prestatyn, North Wales. Her single mother brought her and her siblings, Anton Vorderman, a brother, and Trixie Vorderman, a sister.
She never saw her father again after her parents divorced when she was 42 years old. Following her divorce from her father, her mother married an Italian immigrant, Armido Rizzi. After a decade together, her mother and stepfather divorced. Her biological father married her mother later in life.
Vorderman attended Rhyl High School and Blessed Edward Jones High School. She began her studies in engineering at Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge when she was 17 years old. She was among the college’s youngest female students at the time.
What is the Net Worth of Carol Vorderman?
Carol Vorderman is estimated to have a net worth of $10 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. According to some online sources, Vorderman earns a million dollars from her career. Also, she earns a lot of money from her books, which she has published:
- How Math Works (1996) is available in hardcover for $2.59 and paperback for $3.00.
- Master Sudoku: Step-by-Step Instructions for Players of All Skill Levels (2005) = $9.20 in paperback.
- Extreme Sudoku: Over 300 Super-Challenging Puzzles with Tips and Tricks (2006) costs $11 in paperback.
- Carol Vorderman’s 14 Day Easy Detox (2006) is available in paperback for $6.01 and mass market paperback for $93.46.
- Help Your Kids with English (2013) costs $25.48 in Kindle format and $29.88 in paperback.
- Help Your Kids with Maths (2014) is available for $15.45 in Kindle and $17.27 in paperback.
- In paperback, Spelling Made Easy Year 1 (2014) costs $7.82.
- Help Your kids with SATS: The Best SATS Preparation (2017) = $18.56 in Flexibound.
- How to Be an Engineer (2018) costs $15.19 in Kindle format and $15.99 in hardcover.
Is Carol Vorderman Still Married?
Carol Vorderman has had two marriages. She married Christopher Mather in 1985 when she was 24 years old. Christopher was a former international rugby league player as well as a Royal Navy officer. The couple divorced after only a year of marriage.
Vorderman married management consultant Patrick King in 1990 after divorcing her first husband. The couple has two children: a daughter, Katie King, born in 1992, and a son, Cameron King, born in 1995. (1997). The couple’s relationship was short-lived and ended in divorce in 2000.
She later had a five-year live-in relationship with Des Kelly, a Daily Mail columnist and public relations consultant. In December 2006, they divorced. Carol is 14 years Carol’s junior and is dating Graham Duff, an RAF Red Arrows pilot. The couple’s relationship came to an end quickly. She started living in her Bristol home with her son and daughter from then on.
Carol Vorderman’s Career Line
- Carol Vorderman began her career at Dinorwig Power Station in Wales as a junior civil engineer.
- She later worked in Leeds as a graduate management trainee.
- She also sang background vocals for the Leeds-based pop band Dawn Chorus and the Blue Tits.
- She appeared on Radio Aire’s Peter Levy show on a regular basis from 1984 to 1985.
- Carol Vorderman’s mother applied on Carol’s behalf to be a co-host on a quiz show for the fledgling fourth channel after seeing a newspaper advertisement for it that specifically requested a woman with good mathematical skills. On Channel 4, she appeared on Countdown with Richard Whiteley.
- Richard, on the other hand, died in June of 2005.
- She gradually altered the show’s pattern, revealing her intellect.
- She eventually rose to become one of Britain’s highest-paid women, earning an estimated million pounds sterling per year.
- She turned down the opportunity to present the show by herself.
- Instead of Countdown, she looked for a new co-host, and in October 2005, Des Lynam took over for the late Richard Whitely.
- Des O’Connor took over as host in 2007, but Vorderman remained.
- Vorderman’s final Countdown Show was recorded on November 13, 2008, and aired on December 12, 2008.
- She continued to write her column for the British magazine Reveal after leaving Countdown after 26 years of service to the show.
- She currently hosts the annual Pride of Britain Awards, which are broadcast on ITV.
- Since its inception in 1999, she has served as the show’s host. She currently appears on ITV’s Loose Women on an irregular basis.
- She wrote for the ‘Daily Telegraph’ and the ‘Daily Mirror.’ The columns covered topics related to the internet. Her book on detox diets, Detox for Life, has sold over one million copies.
- She has also launched a number of commercial ventures, such as Sudoku products, mind training games, video games for the Playstation 2, and so on.
- In addition, Vorderman wrote and published a number of books and articles.
- Vorderman introduced several Sudoku products. In addition, in 2010, she launched her new commercial venture, a mathematics-based online coaching system.
Achievements & Awards
- Carol is an honorary fellow of Bangor University in North Wales, and the University of Bath has awarded her an Honorary Degree (MA).
- She was named Female Rear of the Year in the United Kingdom in 2011.
- In the Queen’s Birthday Honours in June 2000, she was named a member of the Order of the British Empire for her “Services to broadcasting.”
How Tall is Carol Vorderman?
Carol Vorderman is 5 feet and 5 inches tall (1.65 m). She weighs 121 pounds. Her body measurements are 35-27-35, indicating that she has an hourglass figure.