Carole Baskin is an animal rights activist and the founder of Big Cat Rescue, an animal shelter. Carole Baskin’s appearance in the docuseries Tiger King drew new attention to her cause. Similarly, it emphasized her feud with Joe Exotic and the loss of her second husband.
How old is Carole Baskin?
Carole Baskin was born on June 6, 1961, in San Antonio, Texas. Carole Stairs is her given name. Gemini is her astrological sign. She will be 59 years old in 2021.
Similarly, she was born into a low-income family to Vernon Charles Stairs (father) and Mary Barbara Jean Norris Stairs (mother). Carole was her parents’ only child. Despite their hardship, they encouraged her to pursue her dreams, but she left her home at the age of 15 to live on her own. She spent nights sleeping under cars and going without food after leaving her home at the age of 15.
How much is Carole Baskin’s net worth?
Carole Baskin, 58, has made a good living as an animal rights activist and zookeeper. As the CEO of the “Big Cat Rescue” zoo, she has amassed a fortune worth millions of dollars, and her net worth is estimated to be around $20 million. Similarly, she is the sole owner of her late husband’s million-dollar estate, Jack Donald Lewis. Similarly, following the release of Tiger King, she accused the directors of using deceptive tactics.
She stated in a public interview that she hoped the series would be successful.“would expose the misery caused by the rampant breeding of big-cat cubs for cub petting exploitation, as well as the horrible life the cats lead in roadside zoos and backyards if they survive.”
She was disappointed because the program, in her opinion, had “the sole goal of being as salacious and sensational as possible in order to draw viewers.” The directors contended that Baskin had freely disclosed information about her personal life.
Some viewers have pointed out that Tiger King’s editing and narrative choices did not favor Baskin. Accusations and insinuations about her role in her husband’s death have been widely publicized. She is not given the opportunity to respond to the allegations made against her. Baskin told the Tampa Bay Times that she had received several death threats following the release of Tiger King.
Who is Carole Baskin married to?
Carole Baskin was married three times in her life. Carole first married Mike Murdock, whom she met when she ran away from home. Baskin married when she was 17 years old and had a daughter named Jamie Veronica Murdock. Mike was allegedly so possessive and disrespectful of her that he wouldn’t even let her go out. But one night, 19-year-old Carole fled, and while walking down the highway, she met a man named Bob Martin, with whom she spent the night platonically at a hotel.
Baskin quickly fell in love with him. Later, it was revealed to be Jack Donald Lewis. Lewis was a self-made millionaire who adored animals. Similarly, Lewis divorced his first wife in order to marry Carole. Lewis was 22 years older than Baskin. Lewis was 42 years old and Baskin was 20 years old when they married. They married in 1991 and settled in Tampa, Florida. Lewis, on the other hand, went missing and was never found, so he was declared dead. Baskin was said to be the one who murdered him. Joe Exotic, her rival, also created a video song in which he depicted a woman murdering her husband in order to tease Baskin. Baskin inherited all of Lewis’s assets after he was never discovered.
Howard Baskin, her third partner, is now her husband. Carole met Howard, a management consultant, in 2002. They began dating, married on a beach, and honeymooned in the Virgin Islands two years later.
How tall is Carole Baskin?
Carole Baskin is a stunning white lady in her late fifties. She has light skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. She stands 5ft 4in (1.62 m) tall and weighs approximately 56kg. She has an overall body measurement of 34-30-36 inches, a bra size of 34A, and a shoe size of 7.
Career line of Carole Baskin
- Carole Baskin started her career as a zookeeper. Following her marriage to Lewis, she established the “Big Cat Rescue” zoo in Tampa, Florida. Thousands of animals, including cheetahs, caracals, pumas, lions, and tigers, are protected at the zoo.
- She is the park’s CEO and founder at the moment. Big Cat Rescue, her zoo, is temporarily closed to the public due to the 2020 global pandemic of COVID 19.
- She will also appear in the crime documentary series “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness” in 2020. She also appeared in “Blackfish: The Big Cat Version.”
- Baskin first encountered big cats in 1992, when her second partner, Don Lewis, brought her a 6-month-old bobcat. A trip to a fur farm resulted in the couple adopting more than fifty more bobcat kittens, who were quickly joined by a slew of other species.
- Baskin and Lewis eventually cared for 200 large cats on a 40-acre sanctuary in Tampa, Florida, which included a bed and breakfast where visitors could communicate with the cats. It was known as Wildlife on East Street.
- Regarding the fact that Baskin and Lewis were animal rescuers, they both sold and bred large cats. However, when Baskin’s concern for animal welfare caused her to object to this activity, she found herself at odds with Lewis.
- She maintained control of the sanctuary and its inhabitants until Lewis vanished.
- Baskin’s charitable organization was named Big Cat Rescue after her 2004 engagement to Howard Baskin. Big Cat Rescue is also a 69-acre wildlife sanctuary with large enclosures.
- Visitors have been permitted at Big Cat Rescue, though their visits have been limited due to the coronavirus pandemic, and they are not permitted to play with the cats.
- The organization also advocates for legislation to protect big cats. Baskin wants the Big Cat Public Safety Act to become law, which would crack down on unscrupulous breeders and outlaw private ownership of big cats, as well as prohibit zoos from allowing people to pet and handle these species. “We hold Big Cat Rescue and the Baskins in the highest regard,” a Humane Society spokeswoman told the Tampa Bay Times in April 2020.
- Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness was a success when it was released in March 2020, during the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The plot revolves around Baskin and Exotic’s troubled friendship. The show also looked into the disappearance of Baskin’s second husband.