Cole Sprouse is an actor and photographer from the United States. Cole Sprouse began his career as a child actor alongside his twin brother Dylan. “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody” is their most popular show. His solo projects include “Riverdale” and “Five Feet Apart,” among others.
How old is Cole Sprouse?
Cole Sprouse was born on August 4, 1992, and is currently 27 years old. Cole’s parents are Matthew Sprouse and Melanie Wright. Similarly, his parents worked as teachers at an English language school in Tuscany, Italy. Cole Sprouse has a twin brother named Dylan Sprouse, and the twins are known as the “Sprouse Brothers/Bros.” Furthermore, Cole is 15 minutes younger than Dylan. They won the hearts of many viewers after starring in the Disney show The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
Both twin brothers have dual citizenship in Italy and the United States. Furthermore, Cole began snowboarding at the age of four. Similarly, he was born in Arezzo, Italy, but has no Italian ancestors. Cole is descended from English, Scottish, Danish, and German ancestors. Similarly, Cole was named after jazz singer and pianist Nat King Cole.
His parents relocated from Italy to their native California only four months after the twins were born. As a result, they spent their childhood in Long Beach. The Sprouses then relocated from Long Beach to Calabasas, California, in 2012. Furthermore, the twins’ grandmother’s name is Jonine Booth Wright, and she used to be an actor and drama teacher. She was also in charge of the pair’s appearance in TV commercials at the tender age of 6 months.
Kyle Massey of That’s So Raven is a close friend of his and Dylan’s. The Spouses also had three dogs. Bubba belonged to Dylan and Cole but passed away in 2017, Pinky to their father, and Curry to their stepmother.
Education of Cole Sprouse
The Sprouse Brothers received on-set tutoring for three hours daily while filming The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. The brothers were getting “straight A’s and honors.” The Sprouse brothers then took Advanced Placement classes in their senior year of high school, with Cole choosing AP Psychology and AP Government and Dylan choosing AP Psychology and AP Spanish.
In 2010, the Sprouse brothers enrolled at New York University. They had planned to start university in the fall of 2010, but they postponed their enrollment for a year. Cole and Dylan attended the Gallatin School of Individualized Study, which allows students to design their own curriculum. Cole specialized in humanities and archaeology, whereas Dylan specialized in video game design.
Later, he attended New York University and majored in archaeology, geographic information systems, and satellite imaging. Dylan and Riverdale co-star Mendes were both students at NYU. Both brothers graduated in May of 2015, walking away with the same diploma. As a joke, the twins switched places to receive their diplomas. Cole Sprouse worked as an archaeological assistant in an artifact laboratory in Brooklyn after graduating, and it was there that he read the Riverdale script.
Career line of Cole Sprouse
- Cole Sprouse is an actor, entrepreneur, and photographer best known for his role as Cody Martin in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and its spin-off The Suite Life on Deck.
- Cole and his brother, like many twins, have frequently played the same role, owing to California’s child labor laws, which limit the amount of time children can be filmed in a day.
- Casting twins in a single role allows for more time to be spent on filming the character.
- Cole, on the other hand, has been on screen since he was six months old. At such a young age, the twins began appearing in television commercials for diapers. Cole rose to prominence for his role in the comedy film Big Daddy (1999).
- The twins play Julian McGrath in this. They also played the same role as Patrick Kelly in the show Grace Under Fire when they were younger. In 1999, the twins had a minor role in the thriller The Astronaut’s Wife.
- The Sprouse brothers appeared in Dannon Danimals commercials in 2009 and 2010. It is a French food manufacturing company.
- Then, in August 2010, they signed a deal with Nintendo DS to endorse their products. Furthermore, the twins appeared on the cover of People magazine in May 2009. It was 80 pages long and described the film The Suite Life on Deck as well as the twin brothers’ work.
- Cole Sprouse has stated that his childhood entry into acting alongside his twin was motivated by their family’s financial need.
- He did, however, come to appreciate many of the opportunities that his early career provided him.
- On the television show Grace Under Fire, which aired from 1993 to 1998, the Sprouse brothers played Patrick, the youngest son of Brett Butler’s character.
- Then, in 1999, they made their feature film debut as Adam Sandler’s son in Big Daddy. They were also portrayed as a pair of alien twins in the film The Astronaut’s Wife.
- The Sprouse brothers rose to prominence with their Disney Channel sitcom The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, in which Cole Sprouse played Cody, the more conscientious of the on-screen twins. Suite Life was a popular Disney Channel series that aired from 2005 to 2008.
- Similarly, the Sprouse brothers starred in a Suite Life TV movie and the spinoff The Suite Life on Deck, which aired from 2008 to 2011.
- In addition, Suite Life characters Zack and Cody appeared in other Disney hits such as That’s So Raven, Wizards of Waverly Place, and Miley Cyrus’ Hannah Montana.
- Friends, which Cole worked on from 2000 to 2002, was one of the projects in which Dylan was not involved. Cole appeared in seven episodes as Ben Geller. Ben is the son of David Schwimmer’s character, Ross.
- Cole Sprouse is said to have had a crush on Jennifer Aniston while working on the set of Friends.
- Cole has also played Jughead Jones in Riverdale since 2017. In 2019, he appeared in Five Feet Apart as Will Newman. Cole Sprouse attributes his return to the spotlight to social media. She also told People magazine in 2017:
- “I expected we would go to college and then fade out, which was kind of what we wanted at the time, but social media hung onto my brother and I, and thankfully fans hung onto my brother and I, and I think it’s one of the reasons that this reemergence can come back with a little more strength, and I’m very thankful for that.”
- Cole Sprouse, like Dylan, became a successful American child star, and as an adult, Cole embraced photography and chose to return to acting with the television series Riverdale.
- Cole Sprouse began his adult acting career with the CW series Riverdale after taking time off to pursue a college degree.
- It is a noirish take on the world of Archie comics that debuted in January 2017. Though he was initially interested in Archie, Cole Sprouse was drawn to the character of Jughead Jones. Jughead is an outsider who acts as the show’s narrator.
- Furthermore, Cole Sprouse was cast as Jughead but had to dye his blonde hair black for the role. Cole later stated that this change makes it easier for people to distinguish him from his twin Dylan.
- Other stars on this popular show include KJ Apa as Archie, Camila Mendes as Veronica, and Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper.
- Cole also appeared in the film Five Feet Apart. In this 2019 American romantic drama film, he portrayed William “Will” Newman. Haley Lu Richardson played his co-star in the film.
- The actors portrayed cystic fibrosis patients who fall in love with one another. Though the film was a commercial success, it received mixed reviews, with some in the cystic fibrosis community criticizing it for trivializing a life-threatening illness.
- Cole Sprouse is also a talented photographer. He has also stated that photography provided him with a positive outlet when he was depressed. Cole has shot magazine covers as well as fashion shoots.
- His work has appeared in magazines such as The Sunday Times and L’Uomo Vogue. Cole has photographed many celebrities, including model Kendall Jenner, Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner, singer Sam Smith, and his Riverdale co-star Lili Reinhart.
- Cole Sprouse told The Sunday Times in 2017 about his love of photography:
- “I’ve been toying with the idea that if and when photography becomes more prominent in my life, I’ll probably never return to acting.”
- The Sprouse brothers and Dualstar Entertainment signed a licensing agreement in 2005 to produce Sprouse Bros branded merchandise for the preteen and adolescent markets. This brand consisted of a clothing line, a comic book series, and a magazine.
- It also had a personal hygiene line and a sportswear line.
- Dylan stated that they wanted to “reach out to the nerd group and the cool group” and “appeal to everybody” when discussing the brand. Dualstar and Leisure Publishing LLC launched a magazine aimed specifically at boys.
- They did this in 2006, and it is known as Sprouse Bros. Code.
- Simon& Schuster Inc. also published two volumes of the Sprouse Bros. 47 R.O.N.I.N. book series. The Sprouse twins were cast as “young James Bonds or undercover agents.”
- However, the brothers parted ways with the Olsens’ Dualstar in 2008. Never, ever