How much is Giles Deacon’s Net Worth?
Giles has amassed a sizable fortune from his career as a fashion designer. His true net worth is unknown, but he is estimated to be worth around $9 million.
In terms of awards, Giles won the “British Designer of the Year” award in 2006. Similarly, he received the French ANDAM Fashion Award’s Grand Pix in 2009.
Facts of Giles Deacon
|Full Name:||Giles Deacon|
|Net Worth:||$9 million|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inch (1.85m)|
Giles Deacon is a well-known English fashion designer and the founder and creative director of Giles Deacon Group, Couture Fashion House. Giles Deacon is best known for designing the wedding gown for Pippa Middleton, Catherine’s sister, in 2017.
What is Giles Deacon Height in Feet?
Giles Deacon has maintained a tall and muscular physique. Giles stands 6 feet 1 inch tall and weighs around 85kg. He has greyish-white hair and a rare pair of blue eyes.
Furthermore, his body measurements (Chest-Waist-Hips) are 44-34-38 inches, and he wears a shoe size of 9. (UK).
How old is Giles Deacon?
Giles Deacon was born on January 10, 1969, in Darlington, England. He will be 54 in 2023. Giles is of Caucasian descent and a Christian. His father, David Deacon, was an agricultural salesman, and his mother, Judith, was a housewife. He has an older sister.
Moving on to his educational background, Giles attended Barnard Castle School, where he developed a strong interest in music and began taking lessons. He was also interested in marine biology but abandoned the idea of studying it.
He enrolled in the Harrogate College of Arts after finishing high school because there was a vacancy. During his studies, he developed an interest in fashion design and enrolled at Central Saint Martins in London.
Who is Giles Deacon’s Girlfriend or Wife?
Deacon and his girlfriend are currently dating. His girlfriend’s name is Gwendoline Christie. Tracey Gwendoline Actress Philippa Christie is of English descent.
She is best known for her roles as Brienne of Tarth in the HBO fantasy drama series Game of Thrones (2012–2019) and as Captain Phasma, a First Order stormtrooper, in the movies Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. She was nominated in 2019 for a Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for the former.
Early in 2013, Giles and Gwendoline began having an affair. The couple makes an effort, though, to avoid media coverage of their relationship. On the internet, they didn’t even make any mention of their ex-partners.
Giles Deacon Designs
Deacon’s designs frequently incorporate wild prints and pop culture allusions, challenging conventional notions of womenswear. He has said that he wants diversity in his designs for GILES, describing them as comedic, sinister, and sexy. He declared, “My dresses should be worn by young, hip girls just as much as by women in their mid-to late-fifties.”
For women who want to stand out, Deacon frequently creates “structured big-entrance” dresses. Deacon showcased a futuristic-themed collection at the 2008 London Fashion Week that was inspired by the Pac-Man arcade game from the 1980s.
Many of the dresses featured embellishments of the character, and the models wore large helmets that resembled Pac-Man. The GQ magazine has referred to the designer’s New Look menswear collections as “straddling the line between quirky and wearable.”
Deacon’s collections are “a much-needed injection of grand-scale glamour,” according to Susannah Frankel of The Independent. Frankel added that Deacon’s collections also incorporate a sense of playfulness and humor.
Deacon claimed in May 2011 that he does not create clothing for introverts and that his collections would always have a “little bit sideways,” “quirky,” and “British in feel.” Deacon’s designs, according to The Scotsman, “suit a woman who has the confidence to take center stage,” but they are not ostentatious.
Many Collaborations with Companies
With companies like Sky, Converse, and Evoke, with whom he developed his first jewelry line, Deacon has collaborated on numerous projects. Deacon launched a line of accessories called “Mulberry for Giles,” which was a commercial and critical success, as part of a two-season collaboration with British fashion house Mulberry.
Then Daks, a renowned British tailoring brand, hired Deacon to create their collections. In 2007 and 2008, he debuted his first, second, and third collections for the company, respectively. The High Street clothing chain New Look and Deacon collaborated most famously. In March 2007, Giles’ Gold collection debuted.
Deacon stated that he picked the clothing retailer New Look because “we both have a sense of humor and believe in fashion for everyone” when asked why he made that decision.
Following a chance encounter with the designer in a lift, actress Drew Barrymore portrayed the collection’s lead role in the initial advertising campaigns. Agyness Deyn of the United Kingdom took over and modeled the key pieces for Deacon’s fourth collection.
Career line of Giles Deacon
- Giles began working with a friend in 1992 to launch their own label, “Doran Deacon.” However, that same year, he relocated to Paris and began working for Jean-Charles, from whom he learned how to commercially use the brand name.
- When he returned to London in 1994, he began working as a freelancer. Following the recommendation of his friend Katie Grand, he soon became the head designer of the Italian leather goods company Bottega Veneta.
- He worked with it for three years. Giles created his first collection under the brand name BV in 2000, which drew the attention of the Gucci group, which purchased Bottega Veneta in 2001.
- Giles’ contract at Bottega Veneta was not renewed by the new management, but he was hired by Gucci’s creative director, Tom Ford. He returned to London after working for one season because he became ill due to an infection.
- Giles had the idea to start his own label, “Giles,” while being treated in London. Giles borrowed money from a bank and used all of his savings to create his first collection, which debuted at London Fashion Week in February 2004.
- Similarly, in 2005, he turned down the top job at Givenchy because it would require him to give up his own label. Rather, he continued to participate in London Fashion Week under his own label.
- The year 2006 marked a watershed moment for him, as he was able to fully establish his label. Scarlett Johansson, Thandie Newton, Princess Beatrice, and Kerry Washington were among his clients. The following year, he collaborated with the High Street fashion chain New Look, presenting “Gold by Giles” and “Mulberry for Giles” with the British Fashion Company.
- He became the creative director of the French fashion house Ungaro and presented his first collection for the company, which received critical acclaim.
- In 2011, he made his television debut as a judge on “Britain’s Next Top Model.” Similarly, in the same year, he took part in “New Look Style the Nation.”
- In addition, in 2016, he debuted his first haute couture collection. Following that, he began designing stunning gowns for a variety of celebrity clients, including Victoria Beckham and Drew Barrymore.
Next Article: What is Ami Brabson’s Age in 2023? Know about Her Husband