Facts of Gloria Diaz
|Full Name:||Gloria Diaz|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches|
|Sibling:||Twelve(Rio Diaz, Aurora Diaz, Georgia Diaz, Ruby Diaz-Roa, Didit Diaz, Benjie Diaz, Ramon Diaz)|
Gloria Diaz was the first Filipina to win Miss Universe in 1969. Gloria Diaz went on to pursue a career in acting, appearing in a variety of films, TV series, TV movies, and TV mini-series. She has played Teodora Alonso in the biopic, Jose Rizal in ‘Nasaan Ka Mann,’ and Lilia in ‘Nasaan Ka Mann,’ among others. Gloria Diaz has received ‘FAMAS Best Supporting Actress’ and ‘PMPC Star Awards for ‘Movie Supporting Actress of the Year’ for her work in films such as ‘Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo’ and ‘Nasaan Ka Man.’
How old is Gloria Diaz?
Gloria Diaz’s full name is Gloria Maria Aspillera Diaz. She was born on March 10, 1951, in Manila, Philippines. Jaime Diaz and Teresa Aspillera gave birth to a 69-year-old actresses. Gloria, on the other hand, has not disclosed what her parents do for a living.
Diaz is a Filipina by nationality, but her ethnicity is unknown. Gloria was born under the astrological sign of Pisces. She was the twelfth child in a family of twelve. Her sisters’ names are Rio Diaz, Aurora Diaz, Georgia Diaz, Ruby Diaz-Roa, Didit Diaz, and Benjie Diaz, while her brother’s name is Ramon Diaz.
Schooling of Gloria Diaz
Her educational background included a high school diploma from the basic education department of St. Scholastica’s College Manila.
How much does Gloria Diaz earn money?
Multi-talented Gloria is an actress, model, and beauty queen. Her earnings aren’t disclosed separately, but her hard work has paid off handsomely. Gloria Diaz has an estimated net worth of $8 million.
Who is Gloria Diaz’s Husband?
Gloria Diaz is a married straight woman. She married Gabriel Daza, a businessman. The couple has two daughters and a son. Her daughters’ names are Ava Daza and Isabelle Daza, and her son’s name is Raphael Daza. Unfortunately, they were unable to maintain a relationship. Gabriel is her ex-husband, and she is currently happy with her partner, Mike de Jesus.
How tall is Gloria Diaz?
Gloria is a veteran actress who stands 5 feet and 5 inches tall and weighs an unknown amount. Her body measurements are also 34.5-23-34.5. Furthermore, her black hair and black eyes make her appear more appealing to others.
Career line of Gloria Diaz
- While still in college, Daz was persuaded and approached by a pageant connoisseur to compete in Binibining Pilipinas. At the age of 18, she was crowned Binibining Pilipinas-Universe in 1969. Her wit and beauty helped her win the pageant.
- After winning the title of Binibining Philipinas, she was sent to Miami Beach, Florida, to compete in the Miss Universe 1969 pageant. Diaz did not disappoint.
- Gloria sailed through all of the pageant’s events leading up to the finals at the Miami Beach Auditorium.
- She made it to the Top 5, and her final answer to the question about “men in the moon” captivated both the judges and the audience. Gloria was crowned Miss Universe on July 19, 1969, and became the first Filipina to do so. Her victory reached the Apollo 11 crew during their space mission.
- During her tenure, Gloria traveled to several countries to promote the Miss Universe Organization’s advocacies. In addition, she appeared in a number of public and television events in the United States.
- Gloria has maintained her poise in the spotlight for the past four decades. She is a brilliant actress on the Philippine big screen and television. After her reign as Miss Universe came to an end, she pursued an acting career in the Philippines.
- Her role as Isabel in the film ‘The Most Beautiful Animal in the World’ was her big break.
- Diaz has appeared in a number of films, including ‘Amor,’ ‘An Affair in Tahiti,’ ‘Balakyot,’ and ‘Wanakosey,’ to name a few.
- Her few roles, such as ‘Dolores’ in ‘Audalucia’ and ‘Matilde ‘Diding’ Diaz Patron’ in ‘This Is How We Were Before, How Are You Doing Now?’ were well received by the audience. Gloria first appeared on television in the 1978 series ‘Flordeluna.’
- In 1996, she starred in the drama series ‘Anna Karenina.’ She became well-known for her role as ‘Nadia’ in the GMA Network sitcom ‘Kool Ka Lang’ in 1998. She also played ‘Lilia’ in ‘Wherever You Are,’ ‘Daisy’ in ‘So… Happy Together,’ and ‘Charito’ in ‘Kasal,kasali,kasalo.’
- Diaz, likewise, was a “Big Sister” on the Philippine reality show “Pinoy Big Brother Drama Special: The Final Task.” Similarly, Gloria portrayed ‘Teodora Alonso’ in the biopic ‘Jose Rizal.’
- Similarly, from 2004 to 2006, she played Susan in two episodes of ‘Love To Love.’ The same year, Diaz Daz co-starred in the psychological thriller ‘Nasaan Ka Man,’ alongside Hilda Koronel, Claudine Barretto, and Jericho Rosales.
- Her portrayal of ‘Lilia,’ a woman trying to suppress her grief while trying to keep her family together, was once again a big hit with the audience.
- In 2007, she starred in two television series, ‘Love To Love’ and ‘Sana maulit muli.’ Gloria appeared as herself in the former and as ‘Monica Johnson’ in the latter. She was offered the film ‘The Only Mother to You All’ in 2009. Gloria also played the role of ‘Pinky Ortega’ in the TV series ‘Nagsimula sa puso’ in 2009.
- Diaz worked on TV mini-series, TV movies, TV series, and Big Cinema between 2010 and 2011. She starred as ‘Paula Fernandez’ in ‘Diva,’ ‘Yuri Sandoval’ in ‘Beauty Queen,’ and ‘Dolores Bustamante’ in ‘100 Days to Heaven,’ among other roles.
- Similarly, in 2011, she starred in a TV mini-series called ‘Mistaken Identity,’ in which she played Queen Mercedes. In the same year, she appeared in the TV series ‘Glamorous’ and the TV movie ‘Medical Center.’
- Diaz appeared in several ABS-CBN television dramas between 2012 and 2018. Among them are ‘Kung Ako’y liwan Mo, May Isang Pangarap, and Mirabella. She played Chdeng in the film ‘Chedeng and Apple.’
- Similarly, Gloria had several roles in the TV series ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya,’ which aired from 1991 to 2017. In a few episodes, Gloria plays roles such as Mommy, Joel’s Mother, Ising, Adora, and Rosita.
- Her other on-screen appearances include her portrayal of “Remedios” in “Dear Uge.” Similarly, her other on-screen roles in 2018 and 2019 were ‘Natalia Roces’ in ‘Pamilya Roces’ and ‘Gloria Reyes’ in ‘Insatiable.’
- Gloria Diaz is currently in the spotlight for her role as ‘Dahlia/Dahlia Rodriguez-De Veyra’ in the TV mini-series ‘Beauty Queens.’
Awards and Nominations of Gloria Diaz
Gloria received the ‘Best Actress’ Award in the ‘FAMAS Awards’ for her first film, ‘The Best Animal in the World.’ Similarly, she won the award for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ in 1998 for the biopic ‘Jose Rizal.’ Gloria won ‘FAMAS Best Supporting Actress’ and ‘PMPC Star Awards for ‘Movie Supporting Actress of the Year’ for ‘Nasaan Ka Man’ in 2006. Similarly, Gloria won awards in the same category in 2008 and 2010. She was named “Movie Supporting Actress of the Year” in 2008 for “Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo,” and “Best Actress for a Supporting Role” for “Sagrada Familia.”
Diaz reacted to Binibining Pilipinas contestant Venus Raj’s fourth-place finish. Diaz expressed her belief that Raj and other Filipinas would benefit from answering pageant questions through an interpreter rather than in English. Again, she stated, “Because when you think of a Cebuana, they can hardly speak English and, of course, Tagalog.” Maybe she should respond in Bisaya.” Cebuanos were outraged by her response, believing Daz had insulted their English ability.
Cebuano politicians such as Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia and Congresswoman Rachel del Mar have asked her to apologize. Gloria, being herself, saw no flaws and instead clarified, saying, “Let me clarify it once and for all.” People should have the right to say or answer (questions) in whatever language they want. If they are Cebuanos, they can say it in Cebuano. I didn’t say they didn’t speak English. If you’re Ilocano, say it in Ilocano. However, if you are an Ilocano who speaks good English, say it in English. If you’re a Cebuano who speaks Spanish, say it in Spanish. That’s what I said, and that’s what I meant.