Facts of Greta Van Susteren
|Full Name:||Greta Van Susteren|
|Age:||68 years old|
|Birthday:||June 11, 1954|
|Wife/Husband:||John P. Coale|
|Net Worth:||$35 million|
Greta Conway Van Susteren is an American commentator, lawyer, and Newsmax TV news anchor. She previously appeared on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC.
Who is Greta Van Susteren?
Greta Conway Van Susteren was born in Appleton, Wisconsin on June 11, 1954. She was born to Dutch-born father Urban Van Susteren, a close friend of U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy. Greta’s mother, Margery Conway, who is of Irish descent, was a housewife.
Greta attended Xavier High School, Appleton, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison for her education. She earned a dual degree in geography and economics in 1976. Susteren then earned a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 1979.
Who is Greta Van Susteren Husband?
Greta is a married woman who has been with her husband John P. Coale since 1988. Coale began his career as a journalist but rose to prominence as a lawyer.
Greta and John are both members of the Church of Scientology, and they are both childless. They’ve been together for a long time and have mutual admiration and respect for each other’s personal and professional lives.
What is Greta Van Susteren Net Worth?
Greta has been in the journalism industry for quite some time. She has made a name for herself in the industry as a result of her hard work and integrity. Greta has also been practicing law for many years and is a well-known name.
Susteren is also a co-owner of the Old Mill Inn, a restaurant in New York. Greta’s net worth is estimated to be $35 million as a result of her extensive work.
What is Greta Van Susteren Height?
She is 1.6 meters tall on average and weighs 53 kilograms.
CarGreta Van Susteren’s Career
- Greta Van Susteren was an adjunct faculty member at Georgetown University Law Center prior to her television career, in addition to her full-time legal career.
- During the coverage of the O. J. Simpson murder trial on CNN in 1991, she served as a legal analyst, which led to her stint as co-host of the channel’s legal talk show ‘Burden of Proof’ and news program ‘The Point.’
- She made a celebrity guest appearance on Cartoon Network’s ‘Space Ghost Coast to Coast in 1988.
- When her relationship with CNN soured, she left the network and joined Fox News Channel in 2002.
- She began hosting ‘On the Record with Greta Van Susteren,’ a current affairs show.
- She left Fox News on September 6, 2016, after 14 years of service.
- Her exit from the channel, on the other hand, was a shambles. She was informed by courier that she “was being taken off the air” immediately, without giving her the opportunity to say goodbye to her viewers.
- According to reports, Rupert Murdoch, the patriarch of Fox’s parent company 21st Century Fox, did not approve of her attempt to renegotiate her contract, asking for a significant pay increase.
- Fox removed the ‘On the Record’ website and her Gretawire blog after her departure. Van Susteren, on the other hand, took to Facebook to explain her departure.
- Brit Hume took over as the network’s ‘On the Record’ anchor right away.
- She signed a contract with NBC News in early 2017 to anchor an ET program on its news channel, MSNBC. The show, titled ‘For the Record with Greta,’ premiered on January 9, 2017.
- However, she was abruptly let go by MSNBC on June 29, 2017, after only six months.
- Despite the fact that there had been no indication that she was in trouble, her show had been performing poorly in the ratings.