How much is India Arie’s Net Worth?
India published her debut album, “Acoustic Soul,” in 2001, and it became an instant hit. “Voyage to India,” a second album by India, was released in 2002. In 2003, it was nominated for a Grammy for Best R&B Album.
India has produced numerous more albums since then, including “Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship” in 2006. Arie followed up with “Testimony: Vol 2, Love & Politics,” which was released in 2009.
“Songversation,” followed by “Christmas with Friends,” was released in India in 2013. “SongVersation: Medicine” was Arie’s EP album published in 2017. Worthy is the name of her newest album. Arie has amassed enormous wealth throughout the years. Arie’s net worth is estimated to be $4.5 million by the year 2023.
India Arie Simpson is a singer and songwriter from the United States. In the United States, she has sold over 5 million records, with a total of 10 million sold globally. From her 23 nominations, she has won four Grammy Awards, including Best R&B Album.
How Old is India.Arie?
Arie was born in the United States on October 3, 1975, in Denver. Ralph Simpson and Joyce Simpson welcomed India Arie into the world. India Arie Simpson is Arie’s full legal name. Ralph and Joyce have three children, and Arie is the middle kid of the three.
Because Arie’s mother, Joyce, was a former singer, she received a lot of encouragement from her parents to pursue music. Arie’s parents split when she was 14 years old, yet they never stopped supporting her singing career. Arie attended Savannah College of Art and Design, which she still considers her alma mater.
Who is India Arie’s Husband?
India’s first Instagram photo with her boyfriend was posted on March 22, 2018. While posing for the picture, the couple clutched each other’s hands. On Valentine’s Day 2018, she also shared a private photo with her lover. In the photo, she kissed her lover on the lips and wrote in the captions that she considers herself lucky to have him.
On May 27, 2018, she used Instagram to wish her husband-turned-boyfriend a happy birthday. Despite India’s display of a plethora of images of her partner, she chooses to keep her love life out of the spotlight.
India has a lover with whom she has a romantic relationship. However, the couple has yet to marry, and India Aries has yet to formally marry her lover. It will be exciting to see India and her lover marry in the near future.
Soulchild, India Arie’s Former-Boyfriend
Arie had previously been involved with Musiq Soulchild in a romantic relationship. Musiq is an American singer and songwriter whose music incorporates R&B, funk, blues, jazz, gospel, and hip-hop influences. Musiq Soulchild, or simply Musiq, is his stage name. His true name is Taalib Johnson.
He was in a relationship with Kameelah Williams, a singer from the 702 groups. The ex-couple had a son named Zac Johnson, who was born in August 2009, as a result of their relationship. Satori Solaris Wright, the couple’s first daughter, was born in October 2017 to Instagram Influencer Ashley “Tiyumba” Wright. He is currently unattached.
Previously, The comic was Married
Tucker used to be married to Azja Pryor, who he met on the set of Rush Hour. Tucker & Pryor have been living together since 1997 as husband and wife. Pryor is a Herbalife member that works as a wellness coach.
Between the late 1990s and the early 2000s, Tucker and Pryor were married for a short time. In 2003, the couple divorced. Destin Christopher Tucker, the couple’s son, was also born to them.
Destin, the famous son who is also an actor, was born in 1998. Azja Pryor, who works as a wellness coach, is now single. During her appearances on The Real, she discussed what she’s seeking in a relationship and what she’s waiting for.
India.Arie’s Career Line
- Arie’s first album, Acoustic Soul, was published on March 27, 2001, and it was her first major-label release. Positive feedback and economic success followed the release of the album. “Acoustic Soul” debuted at No. 10 on the Billboard 200 and No. 3 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts in the United States.
- Acoustic Soul was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) after selling 2,180,000 copies in the United States and 3,000,000 globally in just a few months, despite the lack of focused radio airplay that often propels pop and rap albums.
- The British Phonographic Industry awarded the album Gold, and Music Canada awarded it Platinum. The lead track “Video” was released as a promotional tool for the album.
- “Video” became her highest-charting song in the region, debuting at number 47 on the US Billboard Hot 100. The second song from the album, “Brown Skin,” did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, but it became her highest-charting single in the United Kingdom, debuting at number 29.
- On John Mellencamp’s 2001 CD Cuttin’ Heads, Arie sang a duet with the rock singer-guitarist on the song “Peaceful World.” In 2002, Arie and the album were nominated for seven Grammy awards, but they did not win any of them, losing to Alicia Keys in five of the seven categories.
- She gave a rendition of her song “Video” as the ceremony came to a close. On the song “Just Another Parade” from her 2002 album Belly of the Sun, Arie sang a duet with jazz singer Cassandra Wilson.
- On September 24, 2002, Arie released Voyage to India, which followed the success of her debut. With first-week sales of 109,000 copies, it debuted at number six on the Billboard 200 and topped the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, earning it Platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. It won Best R&B Album and Best Urban/Alternative Performance at the Grammy Awards in 2003. Brown Sugar (2002) and Shark Tale (2002) both used “Get It Together” on their soundtracks (2004).
- Arie sang “Just 4 2day,” a song made for her debut on The Tyra Banks Show, on September 12, 2005. She also sang “What About the Child,” a song that didn’t air but was made available as a one-dollar Internet download to help children affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Stevie Wonder’s album A Time to Love, which was published on October 18, 2005, includes a song by Arie. Arie and Wonder perform a duet on the album’s title track, “A Time to Love,” which was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals in 2006.
- Their cover of Mel Tormé’s 1944 classic “The Christmas Song,” recorded for a holiday TV commercial for store Target, had been nominated for the same award three years prior, making it the first song composed and financed entirely for a commercial to be nominated for a Grammy Award.
- Arie’s album Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship had her biggest first-week sales week to date, with 161,000 copies sold. In August 2006, the album was certified gold after selling 730,000 copies in the United States and 1,300,000 globally.
- “I Am Not My Hair,” a collaboration with Akon, was Testimony: Vol. 1’s most successful single, peaking at #97 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #65 on the UK Singles Chart. Arie made a special appearance as a panelist on The Oprah Winfrey Show on April 16, 2007, in the episode “After Imus: Now What?” For his song “Words” on his 2008 album Acey Duecy, Arie sang a duet with vocalist Anthony David.
- On Tuesday, February 10, 2009, she released her new album, Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics. It debuted at No. 3 on Billboard’s 200 chart and No. 2 on the R&B chart. Arie worked with Sezen Aksu, Keb Mo, Gramps Morgan, and Musiq Soulchild on this album to fulfill her self-proclaimed ambition to “make projects with individuals who are doing music that is significant, with a lot of integrity and a lot of aural diversity.”
- After a much-needed vacation to Hawaii, Arie noted that this CD was the first on which she was able to write and sing songs without fear of public criticism. After moving from Motown to Universal Records, she recorded and released her debut album. At the 2009 VH1 Divas, Arie sang “Video” alongside British artist Adele.
- “We Are the World: 25 for Haiti,” a charity single in assistance of the 2010 Haiti earthquake, features over 70 musicians. Along with Seal, P!nk, Jeff Beck, Konono N°1, Oumou Sangare, and others, Arie contributed vocals to “Imagine” for Herbie Hancock’s The Imagine Project in 2010.
- Carlos Santana’s cover of The Beatles’ classic song “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” from his album Guitar Heaven featured her as a featured guest vocalist in the fall of 2010. Yo-Yo Ma plays cello in this song.
- She participated in a “30 Songs/30 Days” campaign in September 2012 to support Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, a multi-platform media effort inspired by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn’s book.
- Arie’s fifth studio album was released on June 25, 2013. It was announced in March 2013 that Arie was working on it.
- India Arie and Israeli musician Idan Raichel co-produced the album’s first song, “6th Avenue,” which was published on iTunes on November 4, 2012. On April 9, 2013, iTunes published the second single, “Cocoa Butter.”
- She released her new single “Breathe” in July 2016, which was inspired by the Black Lives Matter Movement, particularly Eric Garner’s final words. She also said that she’s working on a new album called Worthy. In November, she and host Erykah Badu performed the song at the Soul Train Awards.
- She announced the release of her debut EP SongVersation: Medicine on June 30, 2017, June 2017. The single “Breathe” and the new single “I Am Light,” both from her 2013 Songversation album, came before it.
- She said the EP was “amazing.” “designed for quiet time, prayer, meditation, and yoga My objective for these songs is for them to convey gentleness, clarity, calmness, and inspiration.”
- Her latest single “That Magic” was released in September of 2018. Worthy, her sixth studio album, was released on February 15, 2019, and the song serves as the lead single from it.
Also, Read: Aaron Perdersen Bio, Net Worth 2023, Age, Wife, Height