Facts of Jeff Samardzija:
|Full Name:||Jeff Samardzija|
|Net Worth:||$100 Million|
|Height:||6 feet 5 inches (1.96m)|
|Sibling:||Sam Samardzija Jr.|
Jeff Samardzija, also known as Shark, is an American professional baseball player. Jeff Samardzija is a pitcher for the San Francisco Giants in Major League Baseball. He previously played for the Chicago Cubs, the Oakland A’s, and the Chicago White Sox.
How old is Jeff Samardzija?
Jeff Samardzija is 35 years old. Jeff Alan Samardzija was born on January 23, 1985, in Merrillville, IN. His ancestors are Serbian. His father, Sam Samardzija, was a professional hockey player who always encouraged him and his older brother to participate in sports. However, he must deal with the tragedy of his mother, Debora Samardzija, dying at a young age.
He grew up in Valparaiso, Indiana, with his brother Sam Samardzija Jr., his current agent and the Vice President of Wasserman Baseball. Samardzija lettered in football, basketball, and baseball as a kid.
Similarly, in terms of nationality, he is of American descent and of Serbian nationality. In the 1940s, his grandparents moved to the United States. Similarly, during his career at Notre Dame, he was dubbed “Shark” by his teammates.
Education of Jeff Samardzija
Moving on to Jeff Samardzija’s educational background, he attended Valparaiso High School, where he lettered in football, basketball, and baseball. He was even named the football team’s most valuable player twice. On the baseball team, he was a first-team All-State selection.
He finished high school in 2003. Following that, he received an athletic scholarship to the University of Notre Dame. From 2003 to 2006, he was a member of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team. Similarly, he was a member of the Fighting Irish baseball team from 2004 to 2006.
What is Jeff Samardzija Salary & Net Worth?
Despite being a great player, Jeff has not achieved much in his career. The 34-year-old has a long way to go, but with his dedication to his career, he is certain to set several milestones.
Jeff has established himself as a brilliant athlete from a young age. To date, he has amassed a net worth of $ 100 million. On December 5, 2015, he signed a 5-year, $90,000,000 contract with the San Francisco Giants.
Similarly, his current estimated salary is $19,800,000. Moreover, Jeff has certainly made a good amount of money from his MLB career, which is approximately $108,175,000.
Who is Jeff Samardzija Wife?
In terms of Jeff Samardzija’s persona; life, he could be single or in a relationship. However, he has not kept his personal life private and has not revealed his current relationship status. Jeff, as dedicated as he is to his career, prefers to avoid distractions. However, he has been photographed with women on the internet and in the news. Despite this, he has not revealed her name. He hasn’t married yet, and he doesn’t have any kids.
Furthermore, he has not disclosed any information about his previous relationships.
Jeff hasn’t been the subject of any rumors because he usually avoids the public and the media. He has successfully maintained a clean image and has not been involved in any controversy in his professional or personal life.
How Tall is Jeff Samardzija?
Jeff Samardzija, the MLB’s shark, stands 6 feet and 5 inches tall. His body weight is 109 kg. Similarly, he has brown eyes and brown hair. Aside from that, there is no information on his body stats, shoe size, or anything else.
Career Line of Jeff Samardzija
- Despite his ability in both football and baseball, Jeff chose to pursue a baseball career. On January 19, 2007, he opted out of the NFL Draft and signed a five-year contract with the Chicago Cubs.
- He made his MLB debut on July 25, 2008, the same day he was called up to the bullpen. He made a good first impression, striking out the first batter.
- However, he was assigned to Triple-A Iowa Cubs in 2009 after missing the team’s spring training. In March 2010, he returned to the Cubs.
- Jeff set new records in 2011, 2012, and 2013. However, the year 2014 did not get off to a good start. The Cubs even offered him a five-year, club-friendly contract with multiple option years, but he turned it down.
- As a result, he was traded to the Oakland Athletics. His relationship with the Oakland Athletics, on the other hand, was brief. On December 9, 2014, the Athletics sent Samardzija to the Chicago White Sox.
- On January 16, 2015, he agreed to a one-year deal worth $9.8 million. On April 6, 2015, he made his debut with the White Sox. Jeff got his second major league career run while playing for the White Sox.
- Jeff joined the San Francisco Giants on December 9, 2015, after finishing his contract with the Boston Red Sox. On April 16, 2016, he won his first game as a Giant, less than a year after joining the team.
- He even pitched his first Giant Shoutout, his third of his career, the following year.
- Similarly, from August 28 to September 3, 2017, he was named National League Player of the Week. For the 2018 season, he was placed on the disabled list due to a strained pectoral muscle.
- In 2019, he started 32 games and pitched 181.2 innings. He was ranked 10th in the National League in WHIP (1.108) and hits per 9 innings pitched.