Joseph William Namath aka “Broadway Joe” is an American former professional football player. From the year 1960s to 1970s, Namath served a quarterback in the American Football League as well as National Football League.
“Super Bowl most valuable player award” winner player, Joseph was married once previously. After a divorce, the player kept the relationship with numerous celebrities.
Joe Namath’s Married Life with Deborah Mays until 1999
The Football Player is a previously married man. He tied the wedding knot with ex-wife Deborah Mays. Currently, She is known as Tatiana Mays. In 1983s, the former pair first started to meet while taking a voice class. At that time, the footballer was 41 years old and Mays was just 22 years.
After meeting and knowing each other, the couple started to show their love with each other. In the following year, the pair tied the marriage knot in an intimate wedding ceremony. The couple had nineteen years of age difference, however, their relationship was remained perfect at the first hand.
Joe had an addiction to alcoholism which pushed their relationship into the break. In the early phase of marriage, Joe could not stop drinking. Deborah warned him to be not drinking and even threatened that he could break the family with his drinking addiction.
Eventually, In the year 1987, Namath left his alcohol drinking habit due to his former wife. During the 2015 ESPN feature, he claimed that his ex-wife helped him to get rid of the addiction in 1987.
My wife told me if I didn’t stop drinking, it would break up my family. So I quit.
Sadly, their marital relationship did not remain too long. As per the newspaper, the reason for the split is Mays’s extra-marital affair with plastic surgeon Brian Novack.
What Was the Divorce Reason for Joe Namath and Deborah Mays?
After a divorce, Mays left the kids to Namath and visited occasionally. The pair decided to live saperately, a divorce was filed by Joe in 1999. During the divorce process, he revealed that the pair were separated in September 1998.
Finally, the couple finalized their marital relationship into a divorce in 2000. After a divorce from Joy, Mays started wedding life with Brian, sadly, a few years later, they also divorced.
A Proud Father of Two and Grand Father Too!
The professional football player is the proud parent of two childrenWith. He shared two children with former wife, Mays. Joe’s children include; both daughters, Olivia and Jessica. After two years of the wedding, Mays became the mother of the first child, Jessica. The pair shared their second child as a daughter, Olivia who was born in 1991.
Joy has a granddaughter named Natalia from Olivia. When Olivia gave birth to her daughter, she was only sixteen-years-old. Her daughter was birthed in May 2007.
Fast facts of Player-Joe
- The football player, Joe was birthed on May 31, 1943, in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, the United States of America.
- Currently, Namath currently lives in Los Angeles, Florida.
- Joe Namath has a height of 6.2 inches while his body weighs 91 kgs.
- Namath has a calculated net worth of $18 million.
- In 1961, Joe graduated from high school.
- He passed out from the college at the age of 64 in 2007.
- The player is infamous for the live ESPN coverage of the team’s game.
- Joe’s father used to work as a stealing worker and his father’s name is Joesph William Namath.
- In 1985, Joe Namath was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- Namath had an active membership in 1970, ABC’s NFL Monday Night Football crew.
- Joe likes to wear white shoes.
- As of now, the lagend player has appeared in Flex-All 454 television commercials to date.