Facts of Laura Jarrett:
|Full Name:||Laura Jarrett|
|Height:||10 feet 5 inches (3.17m)|
Laura Jarrett, Valerie Jarrett’s daughter, is a CNN political reporter. Valerie Jarrett is a former U.S. government official who served as President Barack Obama’s senior adviser.
Parents of Laura Jarrett
Laura Allison Jarrett has a 36-year-old mother and a 36-year-old daughter. On October 29, 1983, in Chicago, she was born. She grew up in a powerful Afro-American family. Mother Valerie is a well-known social activist who served as co-chair of the Obama–Biden Transition Project.
Her father, William, was also a physician and the son of Chicago Sun-Times reporter Vernon Jarrett. Laura’s parents did, however, divorce in 1987. Willian died of a cardiac arrest a few years later, in 1993.
Schooling of Laura Jarrett
Laura went to high school in her hometown at the Chicago Laboratory Schools. She later moved to Cambridge to continue her studies. She enrolled in Harvard Law School and earned a Juris Doctorate in 2010.
She was a brilliant law student, especially known for her original writings on gender, violence, and human rights. She also worked as the Harvard Journal of Law and Gender’s technical editor and article editor.
How much is the Net Worth of Laura Jarrett?
Despite her dedication as a reporter, she has yet to receive any awards. But her journalism career is just getting started, and based on her performance, she will undoubtedly receive several awards in the future.
The Journalist, 33, is more than just a reporter. She has worked as a litigation attorney and for a number of well-known individuals. She has a net worth of one million dollars as of now.
Is Laura Jarrett Married? Husband & Wedding
Laura is married to Tony Balkissoon, a lawyer whom she met while attending Harvard Law School. Tony Balkissoon is the son of former Liberal legislator Bas Balkissoon. The couple married in Kenwood, Chicago, in 2012. The wedding was attended by a number of government officials and politicians. Even then-President Barack Obama, accompanied by his wife Michelle, attended the ceremony to bestow blessings on the couple.
Similarly, on July 16, 2019, they will be blessed with a baby boy. When her son, James Anthony Balkissoon, was born, he weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
Controversy and rumors of Laura Jarrett
Laura and her mother were both involved in the racist comments. Rosanne Barr sent several inflammatory tweets directed at the Jarrett mother-daughter duo. He even likened Valerie to an ape at one point. The actor did, however, later apologize for his racist remarks.
How Tall is Laura Jarrett?
Laura has an attractive body that is ideal for a TV reporter, with measurements of 34-28-35. She stands 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 60 kilograms on average. She also has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Career Line of Laura Jarrett
- Laura began working as a judicial clerk for Distinguished Rebecca R. Pallmeyer, District Judge of Northern Illinois, as soon as she graduated.
- Following that, she was given the opportunity to work for the Honorable Ann C. Williams, the then-U.S. Circuit Judge of the Seventh Circuit. She later became a litigator.
- She worked as an investigator for the Justice Department and the Securities and Exchange Commission, looking into cases involving various companies and individuals.
- She did, however, decide to pursue journalism as a long-term career in 2016. She also devoted significant time to pro bono work, such as representing a sex trafficking victim who successfully used a new Illinois law to have her previous convictions expunged.
- She also worked as a law clerk for two Northern District of Illinois federal judges. She later served on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago as the Honorable Ann C. Williams. She’s been one of CNN’s best political reporters ever since.