Layla El is a British dancer, model, and former professional wrestler. Layla El is a WWE Diva and former WWE Divas Champion.
How much is Layla El’s Net Worth?
Layla is a model, dancer, and professional WWE diva. She has received a variety of honors as a result of her wrestling victories. However, she has not disclosed her exact net worth from her social media career.
Facts of Layla El
|Full Name:||Layla El Barrami|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches|
|Profession:||Retired Professional Wrestler|
How old is Layla El?
Layla El Barrami was born on June 25, 1977, and is 43 years old. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Layla was born in London, England, and now lives in Miami, Florida. Similarly, she has British nationality and is of mixed ethnicity because her father is of Spanish descent and her mother is of Moroccan descent.
However, there is no information about the religion she practices. There is no information about her parents. She does, however, have two sisters and has frequently shared photos of her mother and siblings on her Instagram account. There isn’t much information available about her childhood. Layla also attended the Performance Arts College in London.
How tall is Layla El?
Layla is 5 feet 2 inches (62 inches) tall and weighs about 54 kg. Similarly, her vital stats are 36-26-36. Her physical appearance includes a pair of beautiful light brown eyes and long brown hair.
Career line of Layla El
- Layla began her professional career as a dancer for Carnival Cruise Lines and the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association. She received the championship ring as part of the Miami Heat dance troupe. She was hired as a backup dancer and appeared onstage with John Legend. Similarly, she danced for Kayne West at the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Layla entered professional wrestling in 2006 after her trainer suggested she try the ‘WWE Diva Search contest’ for $250,000. She quickly became one of the finalists, winning two individual competitions, an obstacle course, and a talent competition. She then won the overall competition.
- Layla made her first official WWE appearance on SummerSlam in a backstage segment with several other divas. It is the annual SummerSlam professional wrestling pay-per-view event. In September 2009, she made her SmackDown! debut alongside Michelle McCool.
- Similarly, at the No Mercy PPV event in October, she duped The Miz and embarrassed him by having Big Dick Johnson perform a lap dance while he was blindfolded and expecting it to be a birthday gift from her. Following that, she competed in a dance contest with SmackDown! Divas and won.
- Similarly, Layla made her ring debut in a Diva Trick-or-Treat Battle Royal. However, the match ended in a controversial manner when she was pulled from the ring by The Miz, allowing Kristal to win.
- In addition, she teamed with Big Vito in a loss to The Miz and Kristal in the ‘Mixed tag team match’ episode of SmackDown. Following her feud with Kristal, she made her debut in a singles match, which she lost to Kristal. Similarly, in the most recent SmackDown! brand match, she teamed up with Ashley Massaro to defeat Kristal and Jillian Hall in a tag team match.
- Similarly, on January 23, 2007, she joined the Extreme Championship Wrestling brand, where she formed Extreme Expose with Brooke and Kelly Kelly. She choreographed the weekly dance segment. However, on November 1st, after Brooke was released from her WWE contract, the group was dissolved, forcing Layla to enter the ongoing rivalry with Kelly, including active-in-ring roles.
- Her team was defeated in the 10-Diva tag team match at Survivor Series. As a result of this, she formed an alliance with Victoria and Lena Yada, while continuing her feud with Kelly.
- Similarly, at the Backlash PPV in the same month, she was a member of the winning team in six-on-six Divas matches. Layla was then drafted to the RAW brand in the sixth WWE draft in 2008. She made her debut in a tag team match with Jilian Hall, losing to Kelly and Mickie James. Similarly, she appeared in the storyline as Jamie Noble defeated his opponents.
- She made Noble worthy in the Regal by doing this on the following episode of Raw. Similarly, she competed in the matches over the next few months, spending her time managing Regal and being present at ringside as he defeated Santino Marella. With this, she won the WWE Intercontinental Championship.
- Following that, Layla was drafted to the SmackDown brand as part of the Supplemental Draft on the seventh WWE draft. In this, she was defeated in both a dance and an arm wrestling match while feuding with Eve Torres. Eve and Layla’s rivalry on WWE Superstars came to an end after their defeat. Following that, she formed an alliance with Michelle McCool, which was later dubbed LayCool, the professional wrestling tag team.
- Similarly, Cool’s team lost to James’ team in the Survivor Series PPV. With this, she interfered in the WWE Women’s Championship match between McCool and James at TLC (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs).
- With this, LayCool defeated James in a handicap match in February, which was overseen by Official SmackDown Consultant Vickie Guerrero. Following that, on the Elimination Chamber PPV, LayCool defeated Raw’s Gail Kim and Maryse in the Divas tag team match.
- Similarly, in the two-on-one handicap match, LayCool faced Beth Phoenix, whom Layla pinned to win the Women’s Championship for the first time. She was the first British woman to win the title. LayVool then became the co-women’s champions.
- Similarly, they competed in events such as ‘Money in the Bank PPV,’ ‘WWE Divas Champion Melina,’ ‘WWE Unified Divas Championship,’ and ‘Survivor Series.’ However, after losing the Divas Championship, they appeared in a series of vignettes attending couples therapy. Similarly, on the 22nd April episode of SmackDown, Cool attacked Layla during one of their storyline therapy sessions.
- She also lost a match to Eve and was attacked by Cool. With this, LayCool faced off against each other in a no-count-out, no-disqualification, loser-leaves-WWE match on the Extreme rules, which Layla won.
- However, she suffered a knee injury at the Extreme Rules that required surgery after her Anterior cruciate and Medical collateral ligaments were torn.
- Layla returned to the ring after her surgery on March 22, 2012, at the ‘Florida Championship Wrestling. She replaced Beth Phoenix on the main WWE roster in the WWE Divas Championship match at the Extreme Rules PPV.
- Despite interference from Brie Bella, she defeated Nikki Bella and won the WWE Divas Championship. Furthermore, her victory made her the Diva Search winner who won both the Women’s Championship and Divas.
- Following that, she defeated Bella Twins in a triple threat match, retaining twice against Beth Phoenix. She defeated Torres in the non-title match to set up the title match. Furthermore, on RAW, she was defeated by Kaitlyn in the number one contenders match for the championship.
- Similarly, in the TLC PPV, she competed in the battle royal against Torres for the championship but was unsuccessful.
- Similarly, Layla competed in several matches with AJ Lee, Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, and Emma. Similarly, on the SmackDown rematch in July, she and Rae attacked Fandango and formed an alliance. With their first match as a team, they dubbed themselves the Slayers.
- They won their first match as a team, defeating Rosa Mendes and Natalya. They were a part of Team Paige at the Survivor Series, but they lost the match due to elimination. Layla underwent surgery in January 2015 and returned on the Main Event episode, defeating Emma in the Singles match. Following that, Layla announced her retirement as a professional wrestler on July 29th.
- Layla did modeling for several magazines after winning the Diva Search, including ‘King’ and ‘Smooth.’ Similarly, she was chosen as the cover girl for the first issue of the magazine ‘Liquid.’ She also appeared in the February 2009 issue of ‘Flex Magazine’ alongside Beth Phoenix and Candice Michelle. She also posed for the men’s lifestyle magazine FHM alongside members of Extreme Expose.
- Similarly, she and other WWE Divas appeared in the music video for Timbaland and The Hives’ “Throw It On Me.” Similarly, she appeared on five episodes of ‘Family Feud’ and the week’s challenge on ‘Project Runway’ alongside other WWE divas.
- Layla also appeared as a trainer on the ‘Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp.’ She also appeared as a guest on an episode of ‘Cupcake Wars.’ Similarly, she made her in-game debut in WWE video games such as ‘SmackDown vs. Raw 2009,’ ‘SmackDown vs Raw 2011,’ ‘DLC,’ ‘WWE’12,’ ‘WWE’13,’ ‘WWE2K14,’ and ‘WWE2K16.’