How much is the Net Worth of Liya Kebede?
Kebede has been an active philanthropist. As a result, she was named one of Glamour’s Women of the Year 2013 for her charitable work through her Liya Kebede Foundation.
Liya has had a successful career as a model, actress, health advocate, and clothing designer. Her accomplishments have resulted in a net worth of $18 million dollars. In addition, Forbes named her the 11th highest-earning supermodel in 2007, with a salary of $2.5 million.
Facts of Liya Kebede:
|Full Name:||Liya Kebede|
|Net Worth:||$18 million dollars|
|Height:||5 feet 10 inches (1.78m)|
|Sibling:||2 (Suhul, Raee)|
Liya Kebede is a successful model, actress, and clothing designer. In addition to being a groundbreaking Ethiopian model, Liya Kebede is an active and vocal philanthropist who has served as the WHO’s Ambassador and runs her own non-profit organization called “Liya Kebede Foundation.”
How old is Liya Kebede?
Liya Kebede was born on March 1, 1978 in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia. She is 42 years old. Furthermore, she has not spoken about her parents, siblings, or other family members.
In Addis Abeba, she attended the French international school Lycée Guebre-Mariam. Meanwhile, she was noticed by a film director, who introduced her to a French modeling agent. After finishing her studies, at the age of 18, she moved to Paris to pursue modeling, and later to New York City.
The stunning 41-year-old model is of American-Ethiopian nationality, and her religion is half-Christian, half-Muslim. However, no information about her parents or family has been released.
Who is the Husband of Liya Kebede?
Kebede married Kassy Kebede, an Ethiopian hedge fund manager, in 2002. The couple lived in New York City for 13 years. Furthermore, they raised two children: son Suhul, born in September 2000, and daughter Raee, born in August 2005. However, the couple eventually separated in 2013 and publicly divorced in 2015.
Scandals of Liya Kebede
Ethiopian-born beauty who has served as a World Health Organization goodwill ambassador has lived her life gracefully, not revealing any personal information to the public. Her separation from ex-husband Kassy Kebede, on the other hand, was a hot topic that has now died down.
How Tall is Liya Kebede?
Liya has maintained a very fit body structure, as the body of a model necessitates. She stands 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 57 kgs. Her petite frame, on the other hand, measures 33-23-34. Similarly, her shoe size is 4 (US) and her dress size is 9. (US). Aside from that, she has dark brown hair that matches the color of her eyes.
Career Line of Liya Kebede
- Kebede’s professional life began when she moved to Paris at the age of 18. She walked the runway for several major brands, including Ralph Lauren and BCBG Max Azria.
- Her big break came when Tom Ford offered her an exclusive contract for the Gucci Fall/Winter 2000 fashion show. She moved to New York after quickly establishing herself in the competitive Paris modeling career.
- Not long after, in 2002, she was the face of the cover of Paris Vogue, which dedicated the entire issue to her. In the years since, she has appeared on the covers of Italian, Japanese, American, French, and Spanish Vogue, V, Flair, i-D, and Time’s Style & Design.
- Similarly, she was given the opportunity to appear in an advertisement alongside Shiatzy Chen, Victoria’s Secret, Emanuel Ungaro, Tommy Hilfiger, Revlon, and Louis Vuitton.
- In 2003, ‘Estée Lauder’ signed Liya to a historic contract, making her the company’s first black model in their 57-year history. In 2007, Forbes ranked her 11th among the world’s top 15 highest-earning supermodels.
- Liya was also the first black Estee Lauder model. She also had a three-year, $9 million contract with Estee Lauder Cosmetics. Liya also runs the Liya Kebede Foundation for Mothers and Children.
- Liya’s acting career began in 2009, when she played the lead in the film based on former supermodel Waris Dirie’s bestselling autobiography Desert Flower. \
- Her other film credits include Black Gold (2011), Sur la Piste du Marsupilami (2012), and Nicky Larson et le Parfum de Cupidon (2013). (2019). Kebede also had supporting roles in the films The Good Shepherd (2006) and Lord of War (2007). (2005).
- In addition, Liya was one of several models featured in Lacoste’s “new look” campaign in January 2011. It is a new advertising concept for the year. And it was done under the new tagline, “Unconventional Chic.”
- The commercials were shot by Mert and Marcus. Models wore the iconic white Lacoste polo shirts over fancy black eveningwear. Similarly, she appeared in a Calvin Klein ad alongside Jake Gyllenhaal, and she was recently named a “New Super” by models.com.
- With the launch of her fashion label ‘LemLem’ in 2008, she officially launched her career as a fashion designer. The clothing line celebrates Ethiopian traditional weaving while also providing employment opportunities to local artisans.
- Liya Kebede learning how to prepare the yarn from the artisans before the weaving from the masters begins. Instagram is the source.
- Liya was a successful model and actress who focused her philanthropic efforts on public health. The ‘World Health Organization’ appointed Liya as their ‘Goodwill Ambassador for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health’ in 2005.
- She had even used her celebrity and wealth to establish the ‘Liya Kebede Foundation.’
- Furthermore, this organization is dedicated to reducing maternal, child, and morbidity in Ethiopia around the world.