Facts of Marcel Ruiz
|Full Name:||Marcel Ruiz|
|Net Worth:||$1 million-$5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
|Father:||Carlos Ruíz Ruíz|
|Mother:||Mariem Pérez Riera|
Marcel Ruiz is a young actor from Puerto Rico. In the Netflix reboot of One Day at a Time, Marcel Ruiz plays Alex Alvarez.
How old is Marcel Ruiz?
Marcel Ruiz is a 17-year-old boy from Mexico City. He was born under the astrological sign of Cancer on July 9, 2003, in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Carlitos Ruiz is his father, and Mariem Perez Riera is his mother’s name. Lucia, his younger sister, is also a member of the family. In the Puerto Rican film industry, his parents are well-known figures. Silverio Perez, a singer and comedian, is his maternal grandfather, and Roxana Riera, a singer and painter, is his maternal grandmother.
Mariem, his mother, was raised in a bohemian household and used to consider herself a child actor. She decided to pursue her studies in documentary cinema after graduating with a degree from New York University after receiving her bachelor’s degree in film direction from the University of Miami.
She later traveled to La Havana, Cuba, to study at the International School of Film and Television (EICTV). She moved to Puerto Rico after a few years and began her career as a documentary filmmaker and editor. In Puerto Rico, he met his parents. Carlitos, his father, holds a BFA in filmmaking from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He then went on to work as a career in advertisements and films.
Marcel and his family moved to the United States when he was nine years old. The family eventually settled in Los Angeles. He couldn’t communicate in English at the outset. Since attending school in Los Angeles, his English communication skills improved and he became fluent in the language. He is also an extremely talented young man who enjoys playing soccer and basketball.
Marcel Ruiz is a talented teen actor of Puerto Rican descent. In the Netflix remake of ‘One Day at a Time,’ he played Alex Alvarez. He grew up in a film fraternity and is a resident of Old San Juan. His parents are both filmmakers, and he was exposed to the entertainment industry at a young age by them.
Is Marcel Ruiz single?
Marcel Ruiz is possibly single, according to his relationship status. He is, however, often photographed with his co-stars and shared on his social media accounts. He hasn’t mentioned her girlfriends, though. He has a lot of time on his hands now that he is 17, and he may be dating attractive women. He is now unattached.
He hasn’t been involved in any controversial topics as a young actor in the film industry, and he has kept a low profile.
How tall is Marcel Ruiz?
Marcel Ruiz is a tall man, standing 1.73 meters tall, or 5 feet 8 inches. With a bodyweight of Kg, he has a slim body structure (110 Pounds). His biceps measure 12 inches in length, and his body stats are 35-28-36. He is a size 7 in the United States. His eyes and hair are both dark brown. He has ash blonde hair at the moment.
Career line of Marcel Ruiz
- In the same way, he began his career as a child model in the entertainment industry of Puerto Rico. He even appeared in ads for different advertising campaigns. He has had the chance to be a part of a variety of other projects.
- He aspired to continue acting after his family moved to the United States, but communication proved to be a challenge. Despite this, he continued to appear in advertisements in Spain.
- He became more accustomed to the English language after enrolling in school, and his command of the language improved. His trust in auditioning for roles in English eventually developed as well. Acting has always been a pleasurable experience for me.
- In the film “One Day at a Time,” he played Alex Alvarez, a securing part. He first submitted a self-tape to the show’s casting agents, but he didn’t hear back for several weeks.
- He was chosen for in-person auditions despite the fact that he had arrived late.
- eron Kellett and Mike Royce produced the CBS sitcom ‘One Day at a Time,’ which aired from 1975 to 1984. In several ways, the 2017 edition differs from the first.
- It dealt with related social problems such as immigration, sexism, homophobia, mental illness, and racism, in addition to the story of a single mother raising her two children. On Rotten Tomatoes, it has a 97 percent fresh ranking and has earned several awards in its two seasons.
- In 2017, he appeared in an episode of FX’s ‘Snowfall’ as a guest star. In 2019, he made his film debut in the biographical thriller ‘Breakthrough,’ which also stars Chrissy Metz and Topher Grace. It’s a drama film about John Smith, based on a true story. He made an appearance on the American TV channel Pop in the year 2020.
- He also has a YouTube channel, which he started on July 18, 2016, with the same name. Since early 2018, he has been regularly uploading videos to his YouTube channel.
- Also, a video titled “MARCEL RUIZ OFFICIAL CHANNEL!!!” with 98k views was uploaded. His YouTube channel contains a few videos.
- He has nearly 112k subscribers and over three million cumulative views after uploading 23 videos so far. His video, “MY CRAZY ROOM TOUR! (FINALLY),” has over 1.14 million views. In addition, he is active on other social media sites such as Instagram and TikTok, where he has amassed a sizable fan base.
Awards of Marcel Ruiz
Marcel Ruiz, a talented young actor, earned one award and received two nominations for his performance in One Day at a Time. He was named Best Young Actor at the Imagen Awards in 2017. In addition, he was nominated for the Imagen Foundation Award and the Teen Choice Awards in 2018 and 2019 for Best Young Actor-Television. He was also named to Variety Magazine’s list of “10 Latinxs to Watch in 2019.”
Marcel is a talented actor who has earned a respectable amount of money through a few television and film roles despite his young age. His approximate net worth ranges between $1 million and $5 million. He has had a decent life growing up with parents who work in the entertainment industry.