Facts of Mark Blum
|Full Name:||Mark Blum|
|Birthplace:||Newark, New Jersey|
|Net Worth:||$5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Education:||University of Pennsylvania, Columbia High School|
Mark Blum was an American actor who worked in theater, film, and television. Mark Blum was best known for his roles in ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ and ‘You.’
Actor ‘Mark Blum’ died at the age of 69 due to COVID-19 complications!
Mark Blum, a popular American actor known for his work in theatre as well as films such as ‘Desperately Seeking Susan,’ ‘Crocodile Dundee,’ and the television series ‘You,’ died at the age of 69 from COVID-19 complications. According to Fox News, Blum’s widow, Janet Zarish, confirmed Blum’s death in an email and stated:
“My husband died yesterday, March 25th, from complications from the Corona Virus. He passed away at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.” SAG-AFTRA executive vice president Rebecca Damon also confirmed the news on Twitter, noting that he previously served on the organization’s board. She wrote:
“I am writing with great sadness to inform you that our friend and former board member Mark Blum has died as a result of coronavirus complications. Mark was a dedicated Screen Actors Guild and SAG-AFTRA board member from 2007 to 2013, a passionate champion for the merger, and a tireless advocate for members.
Those of us who were fortunate enough to have known him will cherish our memories of a gifted actor, a master teacher, a loyal friend, and a beautiful human.” Additional information
Furthermore, Playwrights Horizons, a New York City-based theater company, tweeted about Blum’s death, writing:
“With love and heavy hearts, Playwrights Horizons pays tribute to Mark Blum, a dear longtime friend and consummate artist who passed away this week. Thank you, Mark, for everything you’ve brought to our theater, as well as to theaters and audiences around the world. We will miss you.”
Furthermore, the US singer and actress remembered Blum, who played Gary Glass and died this week at the age of 69, as “funny, warm, loving, and professional.” “My heart goes out to him, his family, and his loved ones,” she wrote. Furthermore, Blum’s death follows that of playwright Terrence McNally, who died earlier this week from Covid-19 complications.
How old is Mark Blum?
Mark Blum was born on May 14, 1950, in Newark, New Jersey, USA. His given name is Mark Jeffrey Blum. He was born to Lorraine and Morton Blum, both of whom worked in the insurance industry. In addition, his family was Jewish.
Mark received his bachelor’s degree in theatre from the University of Pennsylvania. In addition, he received a master of fine arts degree from the University of Minnesota in collaboration with the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis. Mark died on March 25, 2020, at the age of 69, from COVID-19 complications at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
Is Mark Blum dating someone?
Mark was a married man. He was married to his lovely wife, Janet Zarish. Janet is an actress who has appeared on television as Natalie Bannon on ‘As the World Turns’ and as Lee Halpern on ‘One Life to Live.’
Prior to his death, the couple had been living a happy, peaceful life. There is no definitive information on whether or not they share kids.
What was his net worth in 2020?
As of 2020, this famous actor’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million.
His exact salary, on the other hand, is under consideration. Prior to his death, he was living a luxurious lifestyle and was clearly content with his earnings. His acting career was his main source of income.
How tall was Mark?
Blum was a very cool and handsome guy. With a height of 5 feet 9 inches, he had a wonderful personality. His body weight is 63 kg. He also had brown hair and hazel eyes. He was a wonderful person with extraordinary talent.
Career line of Mark Blum
- Mark Blum began his acting career on stage in the 1970s. In the 1980s, he appeared in the films Lovesick (1983), Desperately Seeking Susan (1985), Just Between Friends (1986), Crocodile Dundee (1986), Blind Date (1987), and The Presidio (1988), and in 2017 he appeared in Coin Heist.
- In addition, he co-starred in the 1987 television film ‘Sweet Surrender,’ and he has also appeared in the following films: ‘Capital News,’ in 1990, ‘Frasier,’ in 1997, and ‘NYPD Blue,’ in 1999. He also appeared in ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ from 2014 to 2018.
- As a result, he received an Obie Award for his performance as Al in the Playwrights Horizons production of Albert Innaurato’s play, Gus and Al, during the 1988–1989 season. Furthermore, he appeared on Broadway in Neil Simon’s Lost in Yonkers, Gore Vidal’s The Best Man, and Richard Greenberg’s The Assembled Parties.
- Finally, in 2013, he appeared as Max in the Primary Stages production of The Model Apartment. Mark was a member of the faculty at HB Studio in New York City.
- Similarly, in 2018, he was cast in a recurring role as Ivan Mooney in the former Lifetime thriller series ‘You.’ He usually performed at Playwrights Horizons, an off-Broadway theater in New York City.
- Blum frequently appeared on Broadway, including in the revival of ‘Twelve Angry Men.’ Similarly, his recent Broadway credits include The Assembled Parties, Gore Vidal’s The Best Man—twice—and Neil Simon’s ‘Lost in Yonkers.’ Blum was also a member of the ‘Screen Actors Guild,’ serving on both the New York and national boards.