Facts of Maya Harris
|Full Name:||Maya Harris|
|Age:||55 years old|
|Birthday:||January 30, 1967|
|Net Worth:||$1.5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
Maya Harris is a well-known American attorney, author, and public policy advocate. Maya Harris is also well-known as the celebrity sister of current the United States Senator Kamala Harris, the celebrity wife of Tony West, and the celebrity mother of Meena Harris.
What is Maya Harris Age?
Maya Harris was born on January 30, 1967, and is now 55 years old. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius, and she was born in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois. Similarly, her full name is Maya Lakshmi Harris, and she was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area and Montreal, Quebec. Her mother’s name is Shyamala Gopalan Harris, and her father’s name is Donald Harris. Her mother was a breast cancer researcher who immigrated to the United States from Chennai, India in 1960. Her father, on the other hand, is a Jamaican-born Stanford University economics professor who is now retired.
Similarly, she has a sister named Kamala Harris. The Harris siblings were raised with Baptist and Hindu beliefs. Her older sister is a lawyer and politician. Her sister is the 49th and current Vice President of the United States, as well as the country’s first female Vice President. Furthermore, the elder Harris sister is the highest-ranking female official in US history, serving as the first African American and Asian American vice president. Harris attended Bishop O’Dowd High School during her academic career.
She later attended the University of California, Berkeley, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1989. Harris enrolled in Stanford Law School the same year. Harris was a member of the Stanford Law Review and the East Palo Alto Community Law Project while at Stanford. As a result, this individual served as Co-Coordinator of the Domestic Violence Clinic and Co-Chair of the Student Steering Committee. Harris also graduated with honors from law school in 1992.
Who is Maya Harris Husband?
Since July 1998, Maya Harris has been happily married to Tony West. The lovers were classmates at Stanford Law School in 1992 and thus became friends. Their relationship only became romantic after graduation. Harris previously gave birth to her only child, Meena Harris, at the age of 17.
There is no information available regarding her daughter’s father. Furthermore, her daughter graduated from Stanford in 2006 and Harvard Law School in 2012. Furthermore, in 2020, this personality revealed that she was diagnosed with lupus at the age of 22.
What is Maya Harris Height?
Maya Harris is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall or 1.73 meters tall and weighs around 50 kgs. Similarly, this lawyer’s chest-waist-hip measurements are 34-28-36 inches. Similarly, this American lawyer has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
What is Maya Harris Net Worth?
Moving on, lawyer Harris has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million US dollars.
Maya Harris’s Career Line
- Maya Harris works as a lawyer, writer, and public policy advocate. This individual was one of three senior policy advisors for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign. Harris also served as chair of her sister Kamala Harris’s 2020 presidential campaign.
- This individual was also associated with PolicyLink, the Center for American Progress, and the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Likewise, this individual was the youngest dean of a law school in the United States.
- Harris is currently the Ford Foundation’s vice president for democracy, rights, and justice.
- This individual received the Junius W. Williams Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the National Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division in 1997.
- The San Francisco Daily Journal named this individual one of the Top 20 Up and Coming Lawyers Under 40 the following year.
- Furthermore, in 2006, this personality was named one of the top ten Desis of the year, and in 2008, she received the Girls, Inc. Women Who Dare Award.
- Then, in 2009, this lawyer was named to The Root 100 for the first time. In addition, Equal Rights Advocates presented this individual with the Champion of Justice Award in 2014, an award given annually to a hero in the gender equality movement.
- Similarly, when discussing her writing career, this individual wrote the essay Fostering Accountable Community-Centered Policing. This essay was published in the book The Covenant with Black America in 2006.
- Similarly, Harris contributed to The Shriver Report: A Woman’s Nation Pushes Back from the Brink. Harris wrote an essay titled The Gender Wage Gap: A Civil Rights Issue for Our Time to address this issue.
- Furthermore, this individual authored books such as Community-Centered Policing: A Force for Change, which highlights community-centered policing practices across the country, and Organized for Change: The Activist’s Guide to Police Reform, which is an advocacy manual for police reform.
- The author then published Making Every Vote Count: Reforming Felony Disenfranchisement Policies and Practices in California in 2008.
- In addition, Harris published Women of Color: A Growing Force in the American Electorate in 2014. In 2020, this personality wrote about living with the chronic illness lupus in The Atlantic and Women’s Health Magazine.