Maya Jama is a multi-talented British personality. Maya Jama is a model, actress, television and radio host. She also serves as an ambassador for a number of companies, including Adidas, Aussie Hair, and Savera UK.
Facts of Maya Jama
|Full Name:||Maya Jama|
|Net Worth:||£1.5 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Profession:||Model, Actress, Television and Radio host, Brand Ambassador|
How old is Maya Jama?
Maya Jama was born on August 14, 1994, and she is now 26 years old. She was born in Bristol and moved to London at the age of sixteen to pursue a career as an actress. She went to Cotham School in Bristol. Similarly, Maya is of Somali descent on her father’s side and Swedish descent on her mother’s side. Furthermore, her mother’s name is Sadie.
Her full name is Maya Indea Jama, and her zodiac sign is Leo. Her parents named her after civil-rights activist and celebrated poet Maya Angelou. It was because her mother read the famous poem, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, during her pregnancy with Maya. Aside from that, there are no other details about her personal life, education, or family.
Maya also opened up about her complicated relationship with her father on a Loose Women panel. He was imprisoned when Maya was only three years old. Maya has also produced the documentary When Dad Kills: Murdered in the Family. This documentary investigates how children are affected when one of their parents is incarcerated.
Maya also explained how she cut ties with her own father when she was 10 because he kept “doing bad things.” In addition, Maya previously stated in an interview with Beat London 103.6FM that she felt responsible for her father’s incarceration. It was because she told the police where he was hiding when they arrived. The documentary follows Maya as she decides whether or not to reconnect with her father after all this time.
Who is the Boyfriend of Maya Jama?
Maya Jama was romantically involved with rapper Stormzy. The couple dated in secret for over a year before going public with their romance in 2016. Stormzy even dedicated his song “Birthday Girl” to Maya on her 22nd birthday. Maya described this as a “great present because it will last forever.”
Furthermore, Maya appeared in some of her former lover’s music videos, including Big For Your Boots, and the pair would frequently make red carpet appearances together. Furthermore, prior to their breakup, Stormzy was all set to propose to his lover!
Unfortunately, the lovers have since split up. Their split in June 2019 was widely anticipated by fans. It was when they imagined Maya in a cab with Liam Payne. This was after a wild night at the Serpentine summer party in Kensington Gardens. As the night came to an end, fans witnessed them clambering into the backseat of a taxi. However, it turns out that it was nothing more than a chance meeting between the two stars.
Prior to all of the fame, Maya was in a relationship with her first love when she was 16 years old. She was on the phone with her first love, Rico Gordon. Rico had traveled from London to see her in her hometown of Bristol in 2011. However, he was caught in the crossfire between rival gangs and tragically lost his young life as a result of this unfortunate incident.
How tall is Maya Jama?
Maya Jama is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 60 kilograms. Aside from that, there are no details about her chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, and so on. Maya has dark brown eyes and hair of the same color.
Career line of Maya Jama
- Maya Jama is a television and radio host whose credits include Technobabble, Rinse FM, 4Music, and The Wrap Up. Maya has also worked extensively as a model and actress, which has contributed to her sizable social media presence (she has over 1.7 million Instagram followers).
- Similarly, Maya Jama began her career as a teenager, presenting the series JumpOff.TV in London. She then rose to prominence as the host of Copa90’s Maya’s FIFA World Cup Cities, a travelogue covering the 2014 FIFA World Cup. She is also friends with YouTuber David Vujanic.
- Maya Jama has also worked for Sky on TRACE Sports and was a weekday DJ on Rinse FM. Then, in August 2014, she joined MTV as a presenter for The Wrap Up. Maya then co-hosted the channel’s nine-part World Cup Taxi series, which was dedicated to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil.
- Maya Jama was a guest panelist on ITV’s Loose Women in September 2017 and February 2018. Maya also became the youngest person to co-host the MOBO Awards on Channel 5 with fellow presenter Marvin Humes in November 2017.
- In addition. Maya has also collaborated closely with The BRITS, hosting its 2017 Pre-BRITS Party and a live Facebook stream from the Red Carpet.
- In 2017, she co-hosted the Saturday night game show Cannonball on ITV with Freddie Flintoff, Frankie Bridge, Radzi Chinyanganya, and Ryan Hand. Maya Jama’s net worth is estimated to be around £1.5 million. However, this is not her confirmed net worth, but rather a guess.
- Maya joined the BBC Radio 1 airstaff in the spring of 2018, presenting Radio 1’s Greatest Hits on Saturdays and co-presenting every Friday alongside Scott Mills and Chris Stark.
- She hosted her first TV show, True Love or True Lies, on MTV with Dani Dyer, and The Circle on Channel 4 with Alice Levine. She went on to co-host Stand Up to Cancer with long-time supporters Alan Carr and Adam Hills.
- Then, in October 2018, Maya was named team captain on ITV2’s rap panel show Don’t Hate the Playaz, hosted by Jordan Stephens. She has appeared on numerous shows since then, including A League of Their Own Road Trip and The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.
- Maya hosted her BBC Radio 1 show on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. GMT. Maya made her first appearance on The Jonathan Ross Show, which aired recently. On this episode, Maya appeared alongside punk legend Iggy Pop and British comedian Jack Whitehall. She has also dabbled in acting and comedic roles.
- In addition to presenting, Maya Jama has become an ambassador for the lingerie brand Freya and hosts their podcast, When Life Gives You Melons. Maya also launched her own collection with Pretty Little Thing in the summer of 2018, followed by a second collection in February 2019.
- Maya appeared in the European JD Sports Christmas campaign as an Adidas ambassador. She is also an ambassador for Aussie Hair, an Australian haircare brand. Maya also appeared in a global GAP campaign as well as a Kurt Geiger Spring/Summer 2019 campaign.
- Jama became an ambassador for Savera UK, which operates across the United Kingdom, in 2018. They collaborated to provide services to people from black ethnic minority communities who are at risk of domestic abuse.
- Then, in 2019, Maya donated blood for an NHS campaign. Donating blood assisted her in discovering that she had the rare and in high demand Ro blood subtype.
- Maya won the People’s Choice Award for best-dressed star in November 2019, and she later opened and hosted the 2020 EE BAFTA red carpet in a 5G-powered AR gown. Maya Jama had left Radio 1 after two years, according to the BBC, as of May 2020.
- She decided not to renew her contract. Then, in early June 2020, Maya began co-hosting the Saturday evening BBC One TV show Peter Crouch: Save Our Summer.