Facts of Melissa Cookston
|Full Name:||Melissa Cookston|
|Net Worth:||$20 million|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches|
|Profession:||Chef, Author, Businesswoman, and Entreprenuer|
|Kids:||One (Lauren Cookston)|
|Education:||North Pontoc High School|
Melissa Cookston is an American chef, businesswoman, entrepreneur, and author. Melissa Cookston is the chef/owner of two restaurants, the author of two cookbooks, and a seven-time world barbecue champion. Cookston is also the only female barbecue world champion, having won first place twice at the Memphis in May World Barbecue Championship.
How old is Melissa Cookston?
Melissa was born on October 29, 1968, in Greenville, Mississippi. She is of American nationality and of mixed (Scottish and English) ethnicity. Similarly, she is 52 years old. She hasn’t revealed anything about her family or her early life. Melissa’s ss hometown, on the other hand, is in a small town called Ruleville in Mississippi, USA. Her parents, on the other hand, raised her in Greenville, Mississippi.
Despite the fact that Melissa never publicly mentioned her father, it is suspected that Tommy E. Nichols Sr., who is in Melissa’s ‘Family and Relationships’ section of Facebook. Melissa does have a cousin, Pam Vaughn. She went to North Pontiac High School for her education. Melissa’s earliest memory of barbecue is going down to her grandfather’s coffee shop and smelling the barbecue that would come off the nearby barbecue station.
How much does Melissa Cookston earn?
Given her phenomenal success, it is not surprising that she earns a lot of money. She owns two restaurants and is a world-renowned chef. According to online sources, Melissa Cookston will have a net worth of more than $20 million by 2020. In 2014, a two-time winner of the Memphis May World Barbecue Championship sold well. Her restaurants brought in between $10 million and $15 million in sales.
Who is Melissa Cookston’s Husband?
Melissa Cookston is married as of now. Her husband’s name is Pete Cookston, and he also happens to be her business partner. They run their well-known restaurant businesses together. While it is unknown how Melissa Cookston and her husband, Pete Cookston, met for the first time, nor when they began dating, it was Pete who introduced her to barbecue for the first time. While they were dating, they even went to a BBQ competition together. In September 1997, the couple married after dating for several years. Melissa and Pete held a dinner party at Mesquite Chop House to commemorate their 13th wedding anniversary.
Taking nothing away from her, Melissa is where she is today because of the love and support she received from her wonderful husband, Pete. In 2010, she and her husband opened the first Memphis Barbecue Company. She opened a second restaurant in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and a third in Atlanta, with the help of her husband. Melissa is currently looking for a new location for a possible fourth restaurant. Melissa and Pete, both from Nesbit, Mississippi, have a daughter together. Lauren Cookston is her given name. Lauren received her bachelor’s degree in international studies from the University of Mississippi-Ole Miss in 2010. She currently lives in Hernando, Mississippi, with her family.
How tall is Melissa Cookston?
In terms of body measurements, the chef is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 63 kgs. She has black hair that she frequently dyes blonde. Likewise, she has a lovely complexion and dark brown eyes. Other details about her body measurements have yet to be made public. She has a normal body type and a lovely face. Melissa Cookston, on the other hand, is still alive and in good health. In addition to her own health, she ensures the health of her family.
Career line of Melissa Cookston
- Melissa’s love of barbecue began when he used to visit her grandfather’s coffee shop in Pontotoc, which was close to a barbecue restaurant. She used to smell barbecue while sitting in her grandfather’s coffee shop, and if she was lucky, she could even get a sandwich.
- She worked in food preparation for many years and met her husband Pete along the way. Melissa, on the other hand, only became interested in the BBQ business after meeting her husband, Pete Cookston.
- She began cooking barbecue in 1996 and began competing in competitions, winning many. Then, in 2007, she and her husband quit their jobs and began touring barbecue competitions across the country.
- They were able to open their first restaurant, Memphis BBQ Company, in 2011, with locations in Mississippi, Georgia, and North Carolina. During a time when almost all pitmasters are men, Melissa serves as a role model for all women who want to work in this industry.
- Melissa was a judge on the fourth season of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters before appearing on Netflix’s American Barbecue Showdown. She was even named one of America’s most influential BBQ pitmasters by Fox News.
- She has appeared on TV shows such as BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, CBS This Morning, and The Kitchen since 2012.
- STEAK by Melissa, her second restaurant, opened in Southaven, Mississippi in October 2016. It will be decommissioned in 2020. Green Tomato Catering, a catering/plate lunch restaurant in Horn Lake, MS, opened in 2019.
- She is still the pitmaster of Yazoo’s Delta Q barbecue team. Cookston revealed in 2017 that she had started breeding her own hybrid pigs.
- Since 2012, she has appeared on TV shows such as BBQ Pitmasters, Chopped, CBS This Morning, The Kitchen, and The American Barbecue Showdown, among others. The famous chef has earned a place on Wikipedia.
- It includes a synopsis of her personal life and career highlights. Melissa is an author in addition to her reality television career and restaurant business. As of September 2020, she had written two books, “Smokin’ in the Boy’s Room” and “Smokin’ Hot in the South,” in which she recalled her barbecue memories and experiences, as well as some recipes.
- In addition, she is the only female barbecue world champion, having twice won the top prize at the Memphis in May World Barbecue Championship.