British Columbia is the birthplace of Canadian actor, writer, and director Michael Garrett Shanks. He is best renowned for his work in Hope and for playing the primary character in the Stargate SG-1 television series. 1993 saw the release of “Highlander,” which served as his feature film debut. November Criminals, Mega Snake, Red Riding Hood, and Small Ville are a few of his career highlights.
Facts of Michael Shanks
|Full Name:||Michael Shanks|
|Age:||51 years old|
|Birthday:||December 15, 1970|
|Net Worth:||$3 million|
|Height:||6ft 0 In|
What is Michael Shanks Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of Michael Shanks is $3 million as of July 2022. He has appeared in both films and television shows, both of which he has starred in. He has also self-produced some of the films.
All of his income is a supplement to the wealth that has propelled him to stardom. He earns a good living and lives a posh lifestyle thanks to his fame and reputation in the industry.
Michael is living proof that entering the contest even if you don’t win is better than never even trying. He has been making us laugh for a number of years, during which time he has amassed a sizable sum of money.
What is Michael Shanks Age?
In 2022, Michael Shanks will be 51 years old. He was born on December 15, 1970. Vancouver, in the Canadian province of British Columbia, is where Michael Garret Shanks was born. He completed a two-year apprenticeship at the renowned Stratford Festival in Ontario before enrolling in a four-year BFA acting program and going on to make several theatrical appearances.
During this time, he appeared in small roles in The Call of the Wild and cameos on TV shows like Highlander and University Hospital. He also appeared in the television movie A Family Divided. He was chosen to play Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1.
What is Michael Shanks Height?
He is 1.83 meters tall and weighs 67 kilos. After the fifth season, he exited the show. He expressed concern about the underutilization of his character and the general direction of the show, citing creative differences.
Who is Michael Shanks Wife?
Shanks was married to Vaitiare Bandera, a model, and actress who played Sha’s wife in Stargate SG-1. After having a child together, Tatiana Shanks, they were divorced. Shanks remarried Lexa Doig in 2003; they had first met when she was the lead actress in the Andromeda television series.
They were fortunate to have a daughter named Mia Shanks and a son named Samuel. He is devoted to playing ice hockey and has considered turning pro. With the Stargate SG-1 team, he competed in hockey games against rival Vancouver-based production businesses like Small Ville.
He played a hockey coach in the 2006 television movie Under the Mistletoe. In the film Mr. Hockey: The Gordie Howe Story, he also had the lead role.
Michael Shanks’s Career Line
- In the first five seasons of Stargate SG-1, Michael played the archaeologist Dr. Jackson, which marked the start of his professional career.
- During the sixth season, he voiced the Asgard character Thor and appeared in a number of guest spots as him. For the seventh and subsequent seasons together, he came back to carry out his previous duties.
- He did leave his position, nevertheless, to give birth to his third child in the ninth episode of the final season.
- In 2008, he starred in two Stargate direct-to-DVD films, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum, for which he won praise.
- He makes a crossover appearance with his former character in the Stargate Atlantis pilot, “Rising.”
- Additionally, he made a fleeting cameo in Stargate Universe, the first season’s pilot of the third Stargate series.
- He also made an appearance in the episodes “Human” and “Subversion.”
- Shanks has been in a variety of films and television productions, including as the astronaut Adam Wade, the German, UK, and South African co-production Sumuru, and Star Crossed in the science fiction series Andromeda.
- Later, he made an appearance at the Star Trek Nemesis auditions to play Shinzon.
- Shanks as the haughty Strike Force commander in the Fox comedy “The Good Guys.”
- In the third episode of the Showcase series Endgame, he played an amnesiac.
- On his comeback to primetime television, he was reuniting with co-star Erica Durance from Stargate SG-1 and Small Ville in the role of Dr. Charles on saving Hope.