Facts of Miguel Pimentel
|Full Name:||Miguel Pimentel|
|Birthplace:||San Pedro, California|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
Miguel Pimentel is a well-known American singer, R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. Miguel Pimentel is best known for his debut studio album ‘All I Want Is You.’
How old is Miguel Pimentel?
Miguel Pimentel was born on October 23, 1985, and is currently 35 years old. He is from San Pedro, California in the United States. His full name is Miguel Jontel Pimentel. He will be 36 years old in 2021, and his birth sign is Scorpio. His father is Mexican American, and his mother is African American. His nationality is Mexican-American.
Unfortunately, when he was eight years old, his parents divorced. Then he and his brother lived with their mother. Miguel grew up listening to R&B, funk, hip-hop, rock, and jazz, owing to his parents’ varied musical tastes. Similarly, by the age of 14, he was writing and recording his own songs.
How much is Miguel Pimentel’s Net Worth?
This singer has a net worth of around $10 million. His singing and acting careers have earned him a large sum of money throughout his career.
Is Miguel Pimentel dating someone?
In terms of his personal life, he is a married man. He has been in a relationship with model Nazanin Mandi since 2005. Their engagement was announced in January 2016. As a result, they married on November 24, 2018 at Hummingbird Nest Ranch in Santa Susana, California, USA. The couple first met on the set of Miguel’s first music video, “Getcha Hands Up.”
How tall is Miguel Pimentel?
Miguel is 5 feet 6 inches tall. He weighs around 68 kilograms. He dresses in a fashion-forward, eclectic style. Furthermore, he usually wears an edgy hairstyle to complement his daring clothing choices. In addition, he dresses in leather, jewels, and prints. His body measurements are 40-36-35 inches. His eyes and hair are also black.
Career line of Miguel Pimentel
- Miguel is a singer and actor by trade. In the year 2000, he signed a production deal with ‘Drop Squad.’ Similarly, in 2004, he was signed by the independent record label Black Ice.
- He completed his first studio album, ‘Young & Free,’ in 2006. The album ‘Black Ice’ was delayed, with only the single “Getcha Hands Up” released. He left the label after being dissatisfied with the single, its video, and his overall treatment.
- Since then, he has stated that this experience taught him to take control of how he was marketed, rather than relying on the label to differentiate him from the crowd of male R&B vocalists. In 2007, he signed a new recording contract with ‘Jive Records.’
- Similarly, his next album, ‘All I Want Is You,’ was delayed for several years due to a lawsuit filed by Black Ice for breach of contract. In addition, the album was released in November 2010. All I Want Is You eventually spent 45 weeks on the Billboard charts and sold over 400K copies in the United States.
- He’s also dabbled in filmmaking. ‘Live by Night’ is one of the films (2016). He played Esteban Suarez in that film. He also played Malcolm in ‘Detroit’ (2017). Similarly, he played Himself in the 2017 television series ‘The Platinum Life.’ In addition, his voice was heard as Arcannis in the 2020 film ‘Fearless.’
- Miguel signed with Jive Records in 2007 and released his debut album, All I Want Is You. Its release was delayed for three years after Black Ice sued him for breach of contract. After his legal issues were resolved, he released a mixtape and wrote songs for other Jive artists such as Usher, Musiq Soulchild, and Asher Roth.
- The lawsuit was finally settled in 2010, and All I Want Is You was released in November of that year. Unfortunately, it did not go as well as Miguel had hoped.
- Although its title track received some airplay, it was enough to land him a spot as a support act on tour with Trey Songz and Usher.
- The follow-up singles, titled “Sure Thing” and “Quickie,” peaked at No. 1 and No. 3 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart, respectively. In addition, the runaway hit song “Adorn” received regular radio and video play. For its sesual tone and easy pace, “Adorn” has been compared to Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing.”
- He also won the ‘Soul Train Music Award’ for best R&B/soul male artist, and he received a number of additional nominations throughout the season.
- Furthermore, in 2015, he released his next album, titled ‘Wildheart.’ Later that year, in 2017, he released ‘War & Leisure.’ It had hit songs like “Sky Walker” and featured artists like Rick Ross and Travis Scott.
Awards of Miguel Pimentel
In 2012, he won the award for “Best Collaboration” for “Lotus Flower Bomb” with Wale. He won the award for ‘Best Male R&B Artist’ in 2013 for his work ‘Himself.’ Following that, his song “Adorn” won the Grammy Award for “Best R&B Song” in 2013. He won the award for ‘Best New Artist’ in 2011 for his work in ‘Himself.’
In 2012, he received the awards ‘Best R&B/Soul Male Artist’ and ‘The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award’ for his work in ‘Himself’ and ‘Tonight (Best You Ever Had).’ In 2013, he was named ‘Best R&B/Soul Male Artist’ for his work in ‘Himself.’