How much is Mya Harrison’s Net Worth?
Mya Harrison has had a prosperous life as a result of her successful singing, songwriting, and acting careers. Her net worth is estimated to be around $4 million as of 2023, while her salary and earnings have yet to be disclosed.
|Full Name:||Mýa Marie Harrison|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches|
|Profession:||American singer-songwriter and actress|
|Sibling:||Young Brother: Chaz and Nijel|
Mya Harrison is a multi-talented American singer, songwriter, actress, and dancer. Mya Harrison is an R&B and Pop singer best known for her hit albums “Mya,” “Fear of Flying,” “K.I.S.S (Keep It Sexy & Simple),” and “T.K.O. (The Knock Out).”
What is the Age of Mya Harrison?
Marie Harrison, better known as Mya, is a pop and R&B singer from the United States. Mya was born On October 10, 1979, in Washington, D.C., the United States.
She is 43 years old and was born under the sign of Libra. In the meantime, she is of mixed Jamaican-Italian descent and belongs to a mixed ethnicity.
Sherman (father) and Theresa (mother) are her parents’ names. Her father is an African-American musician and vocalist who is a member of the R&B band Jump Street, and her mother is an accountant.
Meanwhile, she grew up in Glenn Dale, Maryland, with her two younger brothers, Chaz and Nijel. She used to imitate Michael Jackson as a child by wearing her mother’s high-heeled boots. Miss Mya, My-My, 10-10, and Smoove Jones are some of her other nicknames.
She majored in speech communications at the University of Maryland after graduating from Eleanor Roosevelt High School in Greenbelt, Maryland, at the age of 16. She did, however, leave after only one semester.
Who is Mya Harrison’s Husband?
Mya Harrison married herself in 2013. “It was all about self-care, self-love, and reclaiming myself after a toxic relationship,” she explained about her decision to marry herself.
She previously had a relationship with singer and rapper Jay-Z. Their relationship was short-lived, so she moved on to Silk The Shocker. After being together for several years, the couple began dating in 1996 and split in 2000.
She then started dating Game in 2005, which ended abruptly, and she then started dating Larry Johnson, which also ended abruptly. Following that, in 2011, she began dating DeSean Jackson, and the relationship ended in 2012.
How tall is Mya Harrison?
This lovely lady stands 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs approximately 54 kg. She also has brown eyes and black hair, and her body measurements are 34-24-36 inches. Similarly, she wears a 4 US dress size and a 7 US shoe size.
Social Networking Sites
Her Instagram account, ‘@myaplanet9,’ has over 2 million followers.
Similarly, she has over 955.5k followers on Twitter (@MYAPLANET9) and over 1.4k Facebook friends. She has a self-titled YouTube channel with 373k subscribers as of the time of writing this content.
Mya Harrison Professional Line
- Mya Harrison has always been interested in music because she grew up in a musical family. As she grew older, she signed with Interscope Records and released her debut self-titled album “Mya.”
- She released her album on April 21, 1998, and it went on to sell over 1.4 million copies in the United States. The album sold over two million copies worldwide. She rose to fame with the album by collaborating with various superstars.
- In addition to her solo work, she appeared on the soundtrack of the animated feature film “The Rugrats Movie” (1998), alongside Blackstreet, Blinky Blink, and Mase, on the song “Take Me There.”
- It reached number one on the New Zealand Singles Chart and later charted in the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Netherlands, and the United States.
- On April 25, 2000, she released her second album, “Fear of Flying.” This album debuted at number 15 on the Billboard 200, selling 72,000 copies in its first week. Interscope reissued “Fear of Flying” in November 2000, with a revised track listing that included two new songs, including the third single “Free.”
- The album was a multiplatinum success in the United States, selling 1.2 million copies and eventually receiving platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. The Canadian Recording Industry Association and the Australian Recording Industry Association later certified it gold.
- Interscope released her third studio album, “Moodring,” in July 2003. It sold over 113,000 copies in its first week and reached number three on the US Billboard 200, outselling Mya’s previous effort. “Moodring” was certified gold after spending eighteen weeks on the US chart and selling 589,000 copies.
New musical works
- She later signed with Young Empire Music Group and released her first mixtape, “Beauty & The Streets Vol.1.” It debuted at number 55 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in the United States.
- Mya released the solo single “Fabulous Life” as the first single from her sixth studio album, “K.I.S.S. (Keep It Sexy & Simple),” in Japan in April 2011. In December 2011, iTunes released a US version of her album “K.I.S.S. (Keep It Sexy & Simple),” which included several new recordings.
- On February 14, 2016, she released her seventh studio album, “Smoove Jones.” On March 5, 2016, the album debuted at number 30 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
- On April 20, 2018, she released her eighth studio album, “T.K.O. (The Knock Out).” Meanwhile, it is a sequel to her previous album “Smoove Jones.”
- Mya has appeared in film, television, Broadway, and video games, in addition to her musical works.
- In the 1999 crime thriller “In Too Deep,” she made her feature film debut.
- She has also appeared in films and television shows such as “Chicago” (2002), “Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights” (2004), “Shall We Dance?” (2004), “1-800-Missing” (2004), “NCIS” (2005), “Cursed” (2005), “Girls Cruise” (2019), and “House Party” (2023). Similarly, she competed in season nine of the dancing reality show “Dancing with the Stars,” finishing second.
Through her successful albums, this R&B pop singer and actress has received numerous awards and recognition. She currently has 30 awards and 55 nominations.
She also won ALMAs, Billboard Music Video Awards, Grammys, MTV Video Music Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and Teen Choice Awards.