Facts of Olivia Culpo
|Full Name:||Olivia Culpo|
|Birthplace:||Cranston, Rhode Island|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Model, Pageant Contestant|
|Sibling:||Four (Pete, Aurora, Gus, and Sophie)|
Olivia Culpo is an American beauty pageant contestant. Olivia Culpo is a model and actress who was crowned Miss USA 2012 and Miss Universe 2012. She was even crowned Miss Rhode Island in 2012. Similarly, she appears on the E! series Model Squad.
How old is Olivia Culpo?
Olivia Culpo was born on May 8, 1992 in Cranston, Rhode Island, USA. She is 28 years old and born under the astrological sign of Taurus. She is of American nationality. Olivia Frances Culpo‘s full name is Olivia Frances Culpo. Likewise, she is of Italian ethnicity and has Irish ancestors through her mother.
Olivia’s father’s name is Peter Culpo, and her mother’s name is Susan Culpo. Her father is a restaurateur. He is also a co-owner of several Boston businesses, including the “Parish Café” and “The Lower Depths Tap Room.”
Susan’s mother is Irish and has played viola in the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Olivia has four siblings, whose names are Pete, Aurora, Gus, and Sophie. She and her siblings grew up in Cranston’s Edgewood neighborhood.
Olivia’s educational background and qualification include her attendance at St. Mary Academy – Bay View. She later enrolled at Boston University but did not complete her studies. In second grade, she began learning to play the cello. Culpo’s interest in music was influenced by her parents, both of whom were musicians.
Olivia has performed with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Youth Orchestra and the Rhode Island Philharmonic Chamber Ensemble. She also performed with the Bay View Orchestra and the Rhode Island All-State Orchestra. She also spent two summers at the Brevard Music Center in Brevard, North Carolina. Culpo also performed with the Boston Accompanietta.
How much is Olivia Culpo’s Net Worth?
Olivia Culpo’s net worth is $500K, according to dreshare. Culpo’s main source of income is her career as a model, actress, and pageant winner.
Controversies of Olivia Culpo
Olivia Culpo became embroiled in controversy soon after being crowned “Miss Universe.” Many people questioned her victory. And many of them claimed it was pre-determined by the then-pageant owner, Donald Trump. She resigned from judging the 2015 Miss USA pageant due to the controversy.
Similarly, in 2013, the ‘Archaeological Survey of India’ (ASI) filed a complaint against Olivia Culpo. They also filed a complaint against the ‘Miss Universe’ officials for violating India’s “Heritage Act.” She allegedly did a promotional photoshoot in front of the Taj Mahal. However, India’s “Supreme Court” strictly prohibits any commercial or advertising activity on Taj’s premises. Later, on Olivia Culpo’s behalf, the ‘Miss Universe’ committee apologized to the body. And stated that the act was not intentional.
Furthermore, the popular ‘Instagram’ account ‘Diet Prada’ trolled Olivia Culpo for promoting a dress from her fashion line. Apparently, the dress was a knock-off of another brand’s outfit. Olivia wore the same outfit to an event in Ibiza in 2018.
Who is Olivia Culpo dating?
Olivia Culpo dated musician Nick Jonas. They were in a relationship from 2013 to 2015. Until November 2015, there was a rumor that she was in a romantic relationship with athlete Tim Tebow. Similarly, she was in a relationship with 11-time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte. Olivia Culpo’s most publicized relationship was with footballer Danny Amendola.
They began dating in 2016 and ended in 2019. They had an on-again, off-again relationship. Danny Amendola slammed Olivia’s “fishbowl lifestyle” in a ‘Instagram’ post following their breakup. He also stated that their relationship was a publicity stunt to get into Hollywood.
Furthermore, Olivia Culpo began dating another football player, Christian McCaffrey, during the summer of 2019. They are still together and appear to be very happy with each other. Olivia has also shared a lot of pictures with her boyfriend on her social media accounts.
How tall is Olivia Culpo?
Olivia Culpo stands 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 50 kilograms. Culpo’s other body measurements are 34-24-35 inches for her chest, waist, and hips. Olivia also has brown eyes and brown hair.
Career line of Olivia Culpo
- Olivia Culpo began her modeling career in 2010. It was the time when she signed a contract with the Boston-based modeling agency ‘Maggie, Inc.’ She won the ‘Miss Rhode Island USA’ competition in 2012, her first appearance in a beauty pageant. On June 3, 2012, she was crowned ‘Miss USA.’
- Olivia was then selected to represent the United States in the ‘Miss Universe’ pageant. Similarly, Cranston mayor Allan Fung presented Olivia Culpo with a “key” to the city. On July 6, 2012, he honored her with a homecoming celebration in honor of her ‘Miss USA’ pageant victory.
- Leila Lopes, the previous year’s titleholder, crowned Olivia “Miss Universe 2012” in December 2012 in Las Vegas. She is also the eighth Miss USA and the first Rhode Islander to win the title. Olivia Culpo visited Indonesia in January of 2013. She also visited Yogyakarta, Surabaya, Bali, and Jakarta as part of her tour.
- She also organized a conference to educate young Indonesians about HIV prevention. This conference was organized by the ‘United Nations Population Fund.’ Olivia was joined on stage by Whulandary Herman, the “Puteri Indonesia 2013.”
- Olivia Culpo is a breast and ovarian cancer advocate. She collaborates with organizations such as the ‘Susan G. Komen for the Cure,’ the largest breast cancer organization in the United States. In the same year, she walked the runway for designer Sherri Hill at the ‘Trump Tower.’
- The escapee was in New York City. Her next stop was India. She did a photo shoot at the Taj Mahal, but the shoot drew her into a major controversy.
- Olivia Culpo made her film debut in the 2014 comedy “The Other Woman.” She also appeared in Nick Jonas’ and Emin Agalarov’s music videos ‘Jealous’ and ‘Amor.’ She then starred as “Gretchen” in the 2017 supernatural musical thriller film “American Satan.”
- Similarly, Olivia Culpo made a guest appearance on the reality show ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ in 2018. She also appeared in the ‘E!’ documentary series ‘Model Squad’ that same year.
- Olivia Culpo also appeared as “Hope” in the comedy “I Feel Pretty” and as “Christina” in the action–thriller “Reprisal.” She was also seen as ‘Kate’ in ‘Tired Lungs.’ She was featured in the “Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue” in both 2018 and 2019. Olivia has worked on campaigns for brands such as ‘L’Oréal’ and ‘Kipling.’
- Similarly, in the year 2017, she ventured into entrepreneurship. She co-founded ‘Back 40’ with her father. It is a country-style, all-American cuisine restaurant in her home state of Rhode Island.
- Furthermore, the name ‘Back 40’ refers to the restaurant’s location. It’s a mansion hidden behind a farm in North Kingstown, south of Providence and close to Cranston. Olivia Culpo and her father are the silent financiers of ‘Back 40.’
- And the company is primarily run by her cousin Joshua Culpo and a partner named Justin Dalton-Ameen. In 2018, she debuted her clothing line, which she designed in collaboration with “Marled by Reunited Clothing.”