Facts of Phil McGraw
|Full Name:||Phil McGraw|
|Net Worth:||$460 million|
|Height:||6 feet 3 inches (1.91m)|
|Sibling:||Deana McGraw, Donna McGraw, Brenda McGraw|
Phil McGraw is also known as Dr. Phil McGraw. Similarly, Phil McGraw is a well-known mental health professional, author, and TV personality. And he is well-known as Dr. Phil as a result of the show itself.
How old is Phil McGraw?
Phil McGraw was born on September 1, 1950. Vinita, Oklahoma, in the United States, is where he was born. Furthermore, he is of American nationality and his ethnicity is unknown. His parents’ names are Joseph K. McGraw Jr. and Anne Geraldine “Jerry.” He has two older sisters and one younger sister as siblings. They are Deana, Donna, and Brenda.
He is currently 70 years old, with the birth sign of Birgo. Phil’s birth name is Phillip Calvin McGraw. He spent his childhood in the North Texas oilfields with her three siblings. His father was an equipment psychologist at the time.
Education of Phil McGraw
McGraw also attended Shawnee North High School after moving to Kansas with his father. The school was in Overland Park, Kansas. He was a linebacker on the football team during his high school years. In addition, in 1968, he was awarded a football scholarship to the University of Tulsa. Later, he transferred to Wichita Falls, Texas’ Midwestern State University.
Similarly, he earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from Midwestern State University in 1975. Similarly, in 1976, he received his M.A. in experimental psychology. Second, in 1976, he received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of North Texas
How much is Phil McGraw’s Net Worth?
According to some sources, Phil McGraw’s net worth is estimated to be around $460 million. He has the ability or capacity to earn between $60 and $90 million in salary per year. His earnings are also derived from his work as a psychologist, author, and television personality.
He has not, however, openly discussed his other financial details, such as personal belongings and additional endorsements.
Is Phil McGraw dating someone?
In terms of the author’s personal relationship, he has been married. In 1970, he married Debbie Higgins McCall. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 1973, after only three years of marriage.
He married Robin McGraw later in life. Surprisingly, the couple has been together for 43 years. On August 14, 1976, they married. McGraw has two sons to contend with. Jordan and Jay McGraw’s names are Jordan and Jay McGraw, respectively.
Scandals of Phil McGraw
Furthermore, the author has been involved in a number of controversies and scandals. He paid Britney Spears a visit in her hospital room once. The visit appeared to be an attempt to convince Spears and her family to appear on Dr. Phil. As a result, Spears’ family and mental health professionals chastised him.
Second, in 2017, he was confronted with an accusation. He was charged with putting his guest’s health at risk in order to boost the ratings of his own show. Finally, he rejected the allegations leveled against him. Clearly, he claimed that the assertion was entirely false.
How tall is Phil McGraw?
Some details about Phil’s body measurement are not available through any source of information. Nobody knows what he weighs or what his exact body measurements are. Despite this, he has dark eyes. His hair is also light brown. He stands at 6 feet 3 inches.
Career line of Phil McGraw
- He moved to Wichita Falls, Texas, to join his father. And it was there that he established his private psychology practice. In the Pathways seminar, he had a lot of success. By collaborating with McGraw and his father, Thelma Box created the seminar. Concurrently, McGraw signed a contract to sell his Pathway seminar stock.
- Later, he co-founded Courtoom Sciences Inc with a lawyer named Garu Dobbs (CSI). His legal consulting firm was hired by Oprah Winfrey in 1995. Oprah won the case after three years. Phil has been a relationship and life strategy expert on Oprah’s show since 1998.
- He has also established the Dr. Ohil Foudnation in addition to these. The foundation’s primary goal is to combat childhood obesity. It also collaborates with other organizations to meet the needs of disadvantaged children and their families. He published his first best-selling book in the year 1999. Strategies for Living.
- As a result, his own talk show, Dr.Phil, which debuted on September 16, 2002, was the main reason for Phil’s rise to fame. He appears on the show to provide life advice in the form of strategies. His clinical and forensic psychology experience informs these strategies. Furthermore, it covers a wide range of topics, including unhappy marriages, financial planning, weight loss, and many others.
- Despite the show’s success, it was met with a variety of criticism. The content of the show had been criticized by some psychotherapists and mental health professionals. As a result, the National Alliance on Mental Illness deemed his behavior during the episode unethical and irresponsible.
- Dr. Phil McGraw has also appeared in a number of television shows. He’s appeared on Sesame Street, The Simpsons, and Hannah Montana, among other shows. He also appeared in Scary Movie 4, a horror-comedy film. In 2006, the film was made available for viewing.
- On the other hand, he appeared in Madea Goes to Jail, a 2009 drama-comedy.
Nominations & Awards of Phil McGraw
Phil McGraw has received four awards and has been nominated for twenty-three others. He was nominated for Outstanding Talk Show Host in Daytime Emmy Awards in 2003, 2004, and 2005 for Dr. Phil. He was nominated in the People’s Choice Awards in 2005 for Favorite Daytime Talk Show. In 2014 and 2017, he was nominated for the same award. Surprisingly, he was awarded the Aftonbladet TV Prize for Best Foreign TV Personality – Male.
In addition, from 2007 to 2012, he received nominations for Outstanding Talk Show/Informative and Outstanding Talk Show. He received the award for Outstanding Talk Show/Informative in 2010. He was nominated for Outstanding Talk Show Host in 2007. In addition, he received nominations in 2012 for Outstanding Achievement in Main Title and Graphic Design, as well as Outstanding Promotional Announcement – Episodic.
He was nominated only twice for Outstanding Talk Show/Informative, in 2013 and 2014. He was nominated for Outstanding Daytime Promotional Announcement – Topical in both 2016 and 2018. These nominations and awards were given in the category of Daytime Emmy Awards. In terms of his most recent honor, he recently received the Television on the Walk of Fame award.