Rikrok is a Jamaican and English singer best known for his appearance on Shaggy’s 2001 smash hit “It Wasn’t Me.” Rikrok and Shaggy, a popular pop singer, collaborated on 2007’s Bonafide Girl. Similarly, he was a backup singer for the dancehall singer Patra.
Facts of Rikrok
How old is Rikrok?
RikRok was born on June 17, 1972 in London, England. He is 48 years old and born under the astrological sign Sagittarius. He is of English nationality. Similarly, his full name is Rickardo George Ducent.
RikRok’s parents’ names and information are currently unavailable. Similarly, his parents were Jamaican immigrants. Rickardo and his family returned to Jamaica from England when he was eleven years old. Aside from that, no additional information about his other family members, such as his siblings, cousins, and others, is available at this time. Perhaps Rick wishes to keep his personal and family life private and away from the spotlight and social world.
Regarding RikRok’s educational background and qualifications, he attended Manchester High School in Mandeville, Jamaica. Similarly, after graduating from high school, he enrolled at Jamaica’s University of the West Indies.
Is Rikrok single?
RikRok is possibly single and is more concerned with his career, singing, and life than with being in a relationship. Or perhaps he prefers to keep his personal and romantic life private and away from the public eye. That could be why he rarely talks about his personal and romantic relationships on social media.
Similarly, even when it comes to his previous relationships, no information is available until now. So we can pretty much assume that RikRok has never been in a relationship or has done a good job of keeping it hidden.
How tall is Rikrok?
RikRok’s body measurements, such as his height, weight, chest size, waist size, hip size, bicep size, and any other sizes, are unknown until now, and all of these measurements are still being reviewed. Similarly, he has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Career line of Rikrok
- Jamaican music was very important to RikRok when he was growing up. He also had a sizable record collection, and on Sundays, he would spend the entire day at home listening to music. RikRok discovered his singing talent while in high school in Jamaica, and he quickly realized he also had a knack for songwriting.
- Similarly, after graduating from high school, Rik Rok enrolled in university but never gave up his musical ambitions. He entered several school talent shows and received positive feedback.
- RikRok went on his first tour as a backup singer for Dancehall diva Patra in 1995. He even gained valuable stage experience.
- When his tour was over, he returned to UWI to finish his education. Similarly, after a brief stint with the Jamaican R&B/Reggae vocal quartet LUST, Shaggy’s manager, Robert Livingston, offered Rickardo a songwriting deal. Furthermore, he would write songs, create rhythms on his home computer, and send the demos to Livingston in New York.
- Rickardo George Ducent rocketed to stardom despite Shaggy’s denial advice on their number one hit “It Wasn’t Me.” When Shaggy started working on his Hot Shot album, Rickardo became an integral part of the songwriting process.
- Even ignoring Shaggy’s advice and admitting his romantic indiscretions earned the previously unknown singer/songwriter a presence on music charts around the world, creating a demand for his own debut solo album, which was scheduled for release in 2003.
- However, singing lead on “It Wasn’t Me,” one of the biggest hits of the 2000s and 2001, starring in the song’s equally popular video, and performing to stadium-sized crowds throughout the summer of 2001 were never part of RikRok’s plan.
- Furthermore, Hot Shot has sold over 12 million copies worldwide, providing Rickardo with a large international fan base that eagerly awaits the release of his debut album. Similarly, his untitled work will be released on the Big Yard label, which is owned by Shaggy, Robert Livingston, and Sting International.
- Furthermore, RikRok will be working with the same songwriting/production team that helped Hot Shot achieve multi-platinum status, but his distinct artistry gives his debut album an entirely different sound.
- Rickardo has also recorded tracks for his upcoming debut with Shaggy, Brian and Tony Gold, and Prince Mydas. However, he has yet to release a solo album. RikRok was also a backup singer for the dancehall singer Patra. And he and Shaggy collaborated once more on 2007’s Bonafide Girl.