Roddy Ricch is a young and well-known American rapper and singer-songwriter. Roddy Ricch rose to fame with hit songs and albums such as “Feed Tha Streets,” “Feed Tha Streets II,” and “Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial,” among others. Furthermore, he has been involved in the entertainment industry since 2017.
How old is Roddy Ricch?
Roddy Ricch was born on October 22, 1998, and is now 22 years old. Roddy is from Compton, California, and his zodiac sign is Libra. Furthermore, his full name is Rodrick Wayne Moore, Jr., but he is better known professionally as Roddy Ricch.
Roddy attended Carson Senior High School and Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets. In his youth, Roddy lived in Atlanta, Georgia. Similarly, Roddy began rapping and singing when he was about 8 years old. He then began making beats at the age of 16 or so.
When it came to his family, Roddy’s grandmother was from Louisiana. Roddy credits his grandmother for influencing his music, as well as the time he spent with her and in the South.
Roddy Ricch was a Park Village Compton Crips member in Compton. The young woman has two “C”s tattooed on her arm. They represent his previous involvement with the gang. Furthermore, Roddy served a brief stint in the county jail around the time he released his mixtape Feed Tha Streets II. Growing up, Roddy listened to Lil Wayne. He also frequently listened to other artists such as Young Thug, Future, and Speaker Knockerz.
What is the Net Worth of Roddy Ricch?
On August 5, 2015, the young rapper established a YouTube account. While I was writing this biography, his “Roddy Ricch” channel had over 1.9 billion views and 5.33 million subscribers. Moving on, Roddy Ricch has an estimated net worth of $3 million US dollars.
Is Roddy Ricch single?
Roddy Ricch has been in a romantic relationship with his girlfriend Allie Kay (aka Allie Minati) for a long time. In April 2020, the couple welcomed a son. Although Roddy has not revealed much about his personal life, Roddy’s lover shared the first photo of their child on Instagram on April 16, 2020.
However, the original photo is no longer available on Allie’s Instagram profile because she deleted most of her older posts. The couple has been dating for several years but has kept their relationship largely hidden from the public eye.
How tall is Roddy Ricch?
Roddy Ricch is approximately 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 64 kilograms. Similarly, the young rapper has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Other than that, no information about Roddy’s other body measurements is available.
Career line of Roddy Ricch
- Professionally, Roddy Ricch is a young and well-known rapper, singer, and songwriter. With the single Die Young, the young rapper shot to fame in 2018. This single peaked at number 98 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Similarly, his first two mixtapes, Feed Tha Streets in 2017 and Feed Tha Streets II in 2018, received widespread praise.
- Then, in 2019, Roddy Ricch was featured on Nipsey Hussle‘s single Racks in the Middle. This also earned him a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance. Similarly, Roddy appeared in Mustard’s Grammy-nominated single Ballin. This song also charted in the top 20 of the Hot 100.
- Furthermore, Roddy’s debut studio album, Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial, was released in 2019. This album was released by Atlantic Records and Bird Vision Entertainment. Furthermore, it debuted at the top of the Billboard 200.
- Similarly, the album produced the number-one Hot 100 single “The Box.” It also became his most popular song worldwide. Another popular song on this album is the single High Fashion, which features Mustard.
- Later in the year 2020, Roddy Ricch appeared on DaBaby’s single Rockstar. This was Roddy’s second number-one single on the Hot 100.
- Furthermore, the young rapper has received a number of awards. Among them are a Grammy Award from nine nominations, two BET Awards, two BET Hip Hop Awards, and an American Music Award.
- In addition, Roddy Ricch is well-known as a West Coast rapper. He is also considered a member of the Trap genre.
- Feed Tha Streets, the young rapper’s debut full-length album, was also released. He also has over 39 million Spotify followers. Similarly, Roddy’s track, Die Young, has received over 2 million SoundCloud plays. Additionally, the young artist’s work has been featured on Apple Music’s “The New L.A.” playlist.
- My music will change as I go through life. At the same time, I continue to tell stories from my world because there are infinite stories and people from that place. I’ll always stand up for them. As my life changes and I do different things, I still want to be able to tap into and relate to them.
- According to Cady Lang of Time magazine, rapper Roddy Ricch’s remarkable musical style combines his West Coast roots with the sound of trap music and Chicago drill rap. She also adds that his lyrics, which range from contemplating the harsh realities of life to bouts of uninhibited bravado, lend extra gravitas to the song.
- Roddy Ricch is also known for his raspy voice, which works wonders with vocal filters. According to Vulture’s Paul Thompson, the young rapper is an undeniably talented vocalist and occasionally a compelling songwriter.
- Paul adds that Roddy frequently uses the same syntax and vocal intonations as Young Thug. Roddy’s music style combines rapping and singing.
- he young rapper cites Kendrick Lamar as a musical influence. Kendrick hails from Compton as well. Roddy names a few more artists as influences, including rapper Speaker Knockerz, Young Thug, Future, Meek Mill, and Gucci Mane.