Facts of Sandeep Singh
|Full Name:||Sandeep Singh|
|Birthday:||February 27, 1986|
|Birthplace:||Shahabad, Haryana, India|
|Net Worth:||$10 Million|
|Profession:||Police Officer, Indian hockey Player|
Sandeep Singh is an Indian hockey icon who is widely regarded as one of the world’s top drag-flickers. In addition, he is an expert in penalty corners. In 2009, he was the captain that led India to the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. He is a Deputy Superintendent of Police in Haryana police and an Indian field hockey player. Diljit Dosanjh portrayed Indian hockey legend Sandeep Singh in his biopic “Soorma,” which was premiered in India on July 13, 2018.
What is the Age of Sandeep Singh?
Sandeep Singh Bhinder is his full name. Flicker Singh is his other name. He is a 32-year-old former Indian field hockey player who was born in Shahabad, Haryana, India, on February 27, 1986 to a Punjabi family. He graduated from Kurukshetra University with a B. A. after finishing his schooling in Shahbad, Haryana. In addition, he attended Patiala’s Khalsa College. Since he was a toddler, he had been enthralled by his older brother’s hockey gear and attire.
Sandeep Singh has the appearance of a professional athlete. He stands around 6 feet tall and is a brawny dude. He is 75 kg in weight. His hair and eyes are both black, and he has a muscular body. As a follower of Sikhism, he wears the turban on his head. He had a 42-inch chest, a 30-inch waist, and 14-inch biceps.
Who is Sandeep Singh Wife
He is a Haryana-based Punjabi Saini. Gurcharan Singh Bhinder is his father’s surname, and Daljit Kaur Bhinder is his mother’s surname. Both have always encouraged him to represent his country in hockey. Bikramjeet Singh, his older brother, is a hockey player. “Monty Singh,” his older brother’s nickname in the field. After dating her for a long time, he married Indian hockey player Harjinder Kaur.
Sandeep Singh’s Career Line
- Sandeep Singh began playing hockey after learning the sport from his older brother, Bikramjeet Singh. In 2004, he made his international debut at the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Kuala Lumpur.
- He was doing well for the Indian hockey team until August 2006, when he was forced to take months of bed rest due to a shooting incident.
- He longed to return to the Indian squad even though these were the darkest days of his life. In 2008, he regained his health and made his comeback in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup, where he finished as the leading scorer with 9 goals.
- He was appointed captain in 2009, and under his leadership, India won the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup that year. In 2012, he surpassed Dhanraj Pillay’s record of 121 goals.
- He is currently the Haryana Police Department’s DSP.
- Prior to the Haryana Assembly Elections, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on September 26, 2019.
- In the 2019 Haryana Assembly Elections, he ran from the Pehowa Constituency in Kurukshetra and defeated his closest opponent, Congress’ Mandeep Singh Chatta, by 5,314 votes.