Simon Lane is a British gaming expert and co-founder of the popular YouTube gaming channel ‘Yogscast.’ Simon Lane is well-known for his ability to play the role of a dwarf in any situation. He is also well-known for being a strongman, entertainer, astronaut, and aspiring musician.
How tall is Simon Lane?
Simon Lane was born on March 14, 1978. His full name is Simon Charles Lane. He is from England and will be 43 in 2021. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Lane claims to be an atheist. He has several cats and a dog here is no information about his family history.
Simon appears to be an excellent mathematician in several videos, possibly due to his astrophysics studies. In fact, Simon has excellent general knowledge. Throughout several series, he demonstrates his knowledge of Literature, including a good knowledge of Shakespeare, Film, from the Tap! Heads Up Video, and World History and News.
Personal Life of Simon Lane
Simon used to smoke. He no longer smokes, but in some YoGPoD episodes, he takes nicotine capsules. He is near-sighted, which means his eyes require different lens strengths, making one eye appear larger than the other. Simon is entirely focused on his career rather than on relationships. However, most of his fans believe Simon has a wife and a daughter.
How much is Simon Lane’s Net Worth?
When it comes to his social media presence, he is active on a variety of platforms. On Twitter, he has over 245K followers under the handle ‘@SimonHoneydew.’ He is also active on Facebook, where he has more than 152K followers. However, he does not appear to be active on Instagram. His YouTube channel ‘YOGSCAST Lewis & Simon’ has over 7.21 million subscribers.
Without a doubt, he makes a lot of money from YouTube videos. He may earn money from other sources as well, but he has not mentioned any. His net worth is estimated to be around $1 million.
How tall is Simon Lane?
Simon has not yet revealed his exact height and weight to the public. He has a wonderful personality. He has blonde hair and brown eyes. Furthermore, he has not disclosed his other body measurements, such as chest-waist-hip, shoe size, dress size, and so on.
Career line of Simon Lane
- Simon once mentioned during a YoGPoD episode that his father’s name is Alan—but this is not a verified fact, as he frequently jokes. He also stated that as a child, he aspired to be an astronaut. When he saw a career advisor in high school, he was advised to pursue a career in insurance. He once failed an astrophysics course at Cardiff University.
- He was kicked out of a radio show while at university after calling the host of the show a bastard live on air because he interrupted an Alanis Morissette song. Simon used to live in a shared house with a housemate in the early days of Yogscast.
- Along with “Honeydew,” Simon Lane also used the online alias “Alejandew” for a short time in 2010. This name was inspired by the Lady Gaga song ‘Alejandro.’
- Simon’s ‘Yogscast’ is a Bristol-based media production company and video game publisher. The popularity of the channel was boosted by a video related to the “MMO World of Warcraft.”
- However, it is now associated with sandbox games such as ‘Minecraft,’ ‘Garry’s Mod,’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto.’ He is enthusiastic about YoGPoD, a podcast based on the YouTube video series Yogscast.
- On July 9, 2008, he began uploading videos with his partner Lewis Brindley. Yogscast’s videos are full of humor and comedy, and it made history in the UK by surpassing 1 billion views in 2012.
- Simon is the central character of the BlueXephos YouTube channel, the content of which appears innocent and light at first glance, but on closer inspection reveals a twist—a it’s little aggressive with double meanings.
- His videos are divided into two categories: ‘Simon Sings’ and ‘Simon Plays.’ The ‘Simon Plays’ series consists of simple ‘Let’s Play’ videos of various computer/console games. These games are occasionally voiced in character, with a narrative thread running throughout the video.
- The ‘Simon Sings’ series is a collection of musical interludes. Simon performs a vocal impersonation of a cat being used to clean a rug. He demonstrates his mind through these videos. For example, he enjoys Jaffa Cakes, which he has mentioned in numerous videos. Lewis assisted him in building a Jaffa Cake Factory in their Tekkit series due to his love for Jaffa Cakes.
- In addition, when they reached 1 million subscribers, Lewis shot Simon’s bedroom light with a confetti gun in another video. In one of the videos, Simon mentions having a cardboard cutout of ‘Doctor Who’ character Amy Pond in his bedroom.
- He has mentioned his relationship with Amy several times. During the ‘Rezzed 2014 Q&A,’ he mentioned that he still had the cutout, but in March 2016, Simon said on Twitter that the cutout had to be recycled because a cat had entered his house and urinated on it.
- Simon left the Yogscast in March 2015, explaining his absence in a video. In the video, he relates his break to unspecified medical issues related to an unexpected hospital visit.
- He was released from the hospital a few weeks later, but there is information that he wanted to take some time off. It was done to rest before returning to actively working on video content.
- In June, a Yogscast vlog simply stated that he was improving and that his friends hoped he would fully recover soon. Simon returned to YouTube on September 25, making his first appearance in 6 months in the first episode of Trials Of Skobbels.
- Despite returning to several series on the main channel, he had a reduced involvement in Yogscast projects during his recovery in 2016. He then went on another hiatus in March 2017, returning to the stream on June 9th.
- Simon has appeared less frequently on the main channel since his last hiatus. He used to appear in almost every video on this channel. Since then, he’s mostly been seen in the Chilluminati streams, the Game Goblin series, and some GTA V and Trouble in Terrorist Town videos.
- The Shaft’s episode 23 featured Simon and Lewis as guests. In YoGPoD 27, he claims that the first game he ever played was “most likely Jet Set Willy or something like that.”
- Simon worked as a security guard at an elderly people’s home before becoming a full-time YouTuber, according to Lewis during their Rezzed 2014 Q&A panel.
- Furthermore, as of YoGPoD 27, Simon stated that he owned a Blackberry phone. However, Simon is seen recording with an iPhone in Turpster’s video about his car dying during the Heroes & Generals Challenge.
- It is unclear when this transition occurred. Martyn previously mentioned in one of his InTheLittleDream vlogs that Simon now has an iPhone 6. However, in Turpster’s video, it is also revealed in a conversation between Lewis and Simon joking about the contents of the phone that the iPhone was, in fact, Lewis’ phone.
- Simon once had an OkCupid profile and account, as mentioned in a YoGPoD episode. In this scene, Simon and Lewis discussed Simon’s best matches and worst enemies based on the number of questions he answered.
- No Yognaut has ever discovered this account, so it is safe to assume it was deleted following Simon and Lewis’ meteoric rise to fame. However, it is also possible that Simon met someone through the site and then deleted his account because he no longer needed it.