Facts of Tammy Duckworth
|Full Name:||Tammy Duckworth|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Sibling:||One (Tommy Duckworth)|
Tammy Duckworth is a former Army National Guard lieutenant colonel and politician in the United States. Since 2017, Tammy Duckworth has served as the Junior United States Representative from Illinois. Similarly, she is Illinois’ first Asian-American congresswoman and the only member of Congress born in Thailand.
How old is Tammy Duckworth?
On March 12, 1968, Tammy Duckworth was born. She is now 53 years old. Likewise, she was born in Thailand’s capital, Bangkok. She is also well-known as Ladda Tammy Duckworth. Lamai Sompornpairin is her mother and Franklin Duckworth is her daughter. Tommy Duckworth is her younger brother. She was born in Chiang Mai to a Thai-Chinese mother.
Her father served in both the US Army and the US Marine Corps. He was a UN member. Tammy grew up in a number of countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, and Cambodia. Tammy is of mixed race and has an American and Thai identity (American Chinese).
Pisces is her astrological sign. Her father died in 2005, and she is the only child she has. The senator speaks Thai and Indonesian in addition to English.
Education of Tammy Duckworth
Duckworth attended the Singapore American School, the International School Bangkok, and the Jakarta Intercultural School for his education. She also participated in Girl Scouts, where she earned her First Class, now known as the Gold Award. Likewise, after graduating from McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
She had also earned a Bachelor of Arts in international relations from George Washington University. Capella University awarded her a Ph.D. in human relations in March of 2015.
How much does Tammy Duckworth earn?
Tammy’s various jobs have provided her with a comfortable living. Since 2013, she has worked in several industries. Likewise, her net worth is estimated to be $15 million. She has not, however, disclosed her exact pay, earnings, or assets.
Who is Tammy Duckworth married to?
Tammy Duckworth is married to Bryan Bowlsbey, a prominent politician. The couple got married in 1993. Bryan had always been a Major. Likewise, the couple has two children: Abigail, born November 18, 2014, and Maile, born April 9, 2018. Tammy gave birth to her second child when she was 50 years old. She also served in the Illinois Army National Guard with her husband, who was a signal officer and Iraq War expert.
How tall is Tammy Duckworth?
Tammy Duckworth not only has a successful career, but she is also attractive and has a positive attitude. She is 5’6″ tall. Her eyes are blue, and her lips are burgundy red.
Career line of Tammy Duckworth
- Tammy Duckworth earned her Ph.D. while serving as a fighter pilot in Iraq. Duckworth was injured during one of her war missions, losing her right leg near the waist and her left leg below the knee.
- She was killed by a rocket-propelled grenade launched by Iraqi insurgents while co-piloting a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter. She also worked as a personnel supervisor at Rotary International’s headquarters in Evanston, Illinois.
- Her presence had an impact on her decision to pursue a political career. Duckworth runs for Congress in 2006, but she is defeated by a razor-thin margin.
- Similarly, she later became the Director of Veterans’ Affairs for the State of Illinois, a position she held until 2009. The following year, she was named Assistant Secretary of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs for the United States Department of Veterans Affairs by then-President Barack Obama.
- Tammy resigned in June 2011 to run for the 8th congressional district of Illinois in the United States House of Representatives. Duckworth was the first disabled woman elected to the House of Representatives in the United States.
- Furthermore, she was the first Asian-American woman elected to the Illinois House of Representatives, as well as the first member of Congress born in Thailand.