Facts of Tones and I
|Full Name:||Tones and I|
Tones and I is an Australian singer and songwriter. Tones and I is well-known for her popular singles “Dance Monkey,” “Never Seen the Rain,” and “Johnny Run Away,” all of which were released in 2019.
How old is Tones and I?
Tones and I are 20 years old. Toni Watson is her given name. She was born on August 15, 2000, in Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia. She is of Australian nationality. Nonetheless, some of her online profiles listed her birth year as 1993. As a result, her exact birth date is unknown.
Her zodiac sign is also Leo. Furthermore, there is currently no information available about her parents or siblings. She learned to play keyboards and drum pads in high school.
“One day, I was at a park in Frankston with my family, all my cousins and stuff… We were all singing a song when my aunty said, ‘Oh guys, she can actually hold a note.’ That is, I believe, the first time someone mentioned to me that I have the ability to sing. I was probably about 7 years old.”
How much is Tones and I Net Worth?
Tones and I is a popular young singer-songwriter who has made a good living from her breakthrough performance in the music industry. Similarly, she became one of the aspiring singers whose single “Dance Music” stormed the music industry all over the world.
Her earnings also come from concerts, contracts, record sales, and tours. Her earnings, however, are not yet publicly available on the internet.
Awards and Nominations of Tones and I
This talented singer has received numerous awards and nominations from The APRA Awards, ARIA Music Awards, and Spotify Awards. In 2019, she has been nominated for eight ARIA Music Awards. Similarly, she won three ARIA Music Awards in 2019 for Best Female Artist, Breakthrough Artist, and Best Pop Release for her breakthrough single, “Dance Monkey.” In addition, her EP, The Kids Are Coming, won the ARIA Music Award for Best Independent Release in 2019.
She recently won the 2020 International Songwriting Competition. She has also continued her winning streak, taking home the coveted “Song of the Year” and “Breakthrough Songwriter” awards at the 2020 Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) Music Awards. In addition, her debut EP ‘The Kids Are Coming’ and standalone track ‘Bad Child’ were certified gold.
Is Tones and I Single or has a Boyfriend?
In terms of her personal life, she is probably single. On August 14, 2020, she posted a photo with a guy captioned “I love you?”
She shot to fame after the release of her single “Dance Monkey.” Before the single, she was just a struggling singer known to a select few. As a result, her detailed information about her personal life is still being reviewed.
How tall is Tones and I?
Tones and I have a very distinct personality. She is stunning and has a distinct personality. Similarly, she has an average body type. Furthermore, her body measurements are unavailable. Her eyes are hazel, and her hair is blonde.
Career line of Tones and I
- Tones and I is an Australian indie-pop singer, songwriter, and musician. Prior to becoming famous, she worked as a busker in Melbourne as well as in a fashion retail store called Universal Store.
- Similarly, she launched her YouTube channel in 2009. She began performing in local gigs and festivals, such as the Let Go festival. She even sang in a duo in 2014. Later, she used the proceeds from her retail job to purchase an RC300 (loop station).
- As of August 2020, her YouTube channel, Tones And I, had over 3.95 million subscribers and nearly 1.5 billion total views. In the beginning of her career, she began posting Cappella cover versions. In September 2017, she traveled to Byron Bay to try her hand at busking.
- Similarly, she met Jackson Walkden-Brown over there. Later, Jackson became one of her talent managers.
- However, she later quit her job and became determined to pursue a career in music. In 2017, she even won the Battle of the Buskers at Buskers by the Creek. In addition, in 2018, she lived out of her van in Byron Bay.
- Toni signed a contract with Bad Batch Records/Sony Music Australia in February 2019. She even signed a co-management agreement with Artists Only and Lemon Music.
- She debuted her first single, “Johnny Run Away,” on the Australian website Unearthed. Later, the single was sent to the Australian radio station Triple.
- It was a huge success, and she officially released the single, which peaked at number 12 on the ARIA Singles Chart. On May 10, 2019, she released her second single, “Dance Monkey.”
- Her second single was a huge hit, reaching number one in over 30 countries, including Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and South Africa. It peaked at number 5 in the United States.
- Similarly, in November 2019, she broke the record for the most weeks spent at the top of the ARIA Singles Chart by any artist. Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” previously held the number one spot for 15 weeks.
- By mid-January 2020, her single had spent 24 weeks at number one. It was the first song by an Australian artist to reach number one on “Spotify’s global daily top 200 streaming chart.” Similarly, she has been invited to perform at the Big Pineapple Music Festival in May 2019.
- Similarly, she began her quest for glory in the Grass 2019 as the Triple J Unearthed Splendour in the Grass competition winner.
- She was once again successful in breaking the record for the largest crowd in an opening set. In July 2019, she released her third single, “Never Seen the Rain.” In August 2019, she re-released her debut extended play, The Kids Are Coming.
- Furthermore, she will begin her Kids Are Coming World Tour in February 2020. She made her US television debut on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. She was later featured on several television talk shows in the United States.
- Her world tour has been postponed until September and October 2020 due to the Corona Virus.
- Similarly, she has showcased her incredible voice in performances of her breakout global hits ‘Dance Monkey’ and ‘Never Seen The Rain’ on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Voice, and NBC’s Today show. On May 20, 2020, “Dance Monkey” surpassed 1 billion views on YouTube.