Virgil Abloh is a fashion designer, entrepreneur, and DJ from the United States. Since March 2018, Virgil Abloh has served as the artistic director of Louis Vuitton’s men’s wear collection. He is also the CEO of Off-White, a fashion house based in Milan that he founded in 2013.
How old is Virgil Abloh?
Virgil Abloh, 40, was born on September 30, 1980, in Rockford, Illinois, to Ghanaian parents. His father was a manager, and his mother was a seamstress. She taught Abloh to sew at a young age. His Ghanaian immigrant parents raised him and his sister in Rockford, Illinois. He is of the Volta region’s Ewe ethnicity.
Aside from that, there are no other details about his parents, siblings, or early childhood life. Given his success, we can assume that he was well-raised by his parents in his hometown as a child.
In terms of education, Virgil graduated from Boylan Catholic High School in 1998. In 2002, he earned a Bachelor of Science in civil engineering from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. He received his Master of Architecture degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology in 2006. (IIT).
How much is Virgil Abloh’s net worth?
In 2011, Abloh was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Recording Package for his work on the cover art for Jay-Z and Kanye West’s album Watch the Throne. He was a finalist for the LVMH Prize for Off-White in 2015. Virgil Abloh was the only American designer to be nominated for the award. He won the Urban Luxe award at the 2017 British Fashion Awards.
He was also named International Designer of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2017. This stems primarily from his role as creative director for his brand Off-White, as well as Nike collaborations. Abloh was one of two designers named as one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world in 2018.
Abloh is said to have a net worth of $4 million. A man with a net worth of more than $10 million is thought to work in a world-class clothing line, run his own clothing line, do architecture, and have an international music record. However, Abloh’s net worth is only $6 million.
Who is Virgil Abloh married to?
Shannon, Abloh’s high school girlfriend, and Abloh married in 2009. They have been living together since then, and they now own a home in Chicago, Illinois. Furthermore, the couple has two children.
During the George Floyd protests in mid-2020, Abloh received backlash after posting a screenshot on social media. He displayed a $50 donation to the Miami-based art collective empower, which will go toward protesters’ legal expenses, and stated that he was “crazy inspired.”
How tall is Virgil Abloh?
Virgil stands 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 85 kg. Aside from that, there are no details about his body measurements. His facial features, however, reveal that he has black eyes and black hair. He now prefers to keep his hair shaved.
Career line of Virgil Abloh
- Abloh began his career in 2009 with an internship at Fendi, where he met Kanye West. They eventually became good friends and began working together. Following that, he begins creating several stunning creations that capture the attention of Louis Vuitton’s CEO.
- A year later, West hired Abloh as the creative director of his label. Kanye also named Abloh as the artistic designer for his album’s cover, which was released in 2011.
- As soon as Abloh perfected his design skills, he purchased a business for $40 and established his own design firm. But after a year, he sold it because he preferred to experiment with ideas rather than make money. Abloh was recently named artistic director of the men’s fashion department at Louis Vuitton.
- His fashion styling career has been extremely diverse, beginning with a clothesline and progressing to interior design and, eventually, furniture design. Abloh’s creative nodes are visible enough to entice almost anyone who sees them.
- This is what drew Louis Vuitton and IKEA in. Well, he designed a clean furniture collection for IKEA that will be released this year.