What is William Goldman Age? Bio, Net Worth, Height
What is William Goldman’s Net Worth?
One of the richest screenwriters of his day was William Goldman. His estimated net worth at the time of his passing in 2018 was $15 million. More specifically, “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,” for which he was nominated for an Academy Award in 1969, is one of his best-known screenplays.
Additionally, he was one of the most prosperous screenwriters of his era. Sadly, this novelist passed away at the age of 87 as a result of health problems.
|Full Name:||William Goldman|
|Age:||87 years Old|
|Birthday:||August 12, 1931|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches|
American novelist, playwright, and screenwriter William Goldman was well-known. He started writing when he enrolled in a writing course at college. After penning plays for the theater, he eventually turned to creating screenplays for movies.
The Princess Bride and All the President’s Men, among other well-known novels, were published by him in 1973 and 1976, respectively.
What is William Goldman’s Age?
On August 12, 1931, William Goldman was born in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. Successful businessman Maurice Clarence Goldman’s father saw a decline in his company as a result of his alcoholism. Likewise, his mother, Marion (née Weil), had a hearing impairment.
James Goldman, a screenwriter, is another brother of his. Leo was William’s astrological sign at birth. William Goldman faced various challenges while in high school. His mother had hearing loss, while his father committed suicide.
He received his schooling at a neighborhood school. He also enrolled at Oberlin College, where he earned a BA in 1952. The following few years were spent working as a clerk before he graduated with his MA from Columbia University in 1956.
What is William Goldman’s Height?
William Goldman was an American nationality and of White racial ethnicity. He had Jewish religious ideas because he was reared in a Jewish family.
William Goldmanalso weighed about 68 kilograms and was 5 feet 11 inches (1.8 meters/1.80 centimeters) tall (150 lbs). He also had dark brown hair and brown eyes.
Who is William Goldman’s Wife?
Model Ilene Jones and William Goldman wed in 1961. Their two daughters, Jenny and Susanna, were born to them. Sadly, they got divorced in 1991.
William Goldman’s Career Line
- When William Goldman enrolled in a college creative writing course, he developed an interest in writing.
- His literary career began in 1957 with the publication of his debut book, “The Temple of God.”
- He also penned “Your Turn to Curtsy, My Turn to Bow” in 1958 and “Soldier in the Rain” in 1960.
- After that, in 1960, he authored the musical book “Tenderloin,” which was followed by the theater plays “Sweat and Stanley Poole,” “A Family Affair,” “Boys and Girls Together,” and many others.
- With the release of the movie Masquerade in 1965, William Goldman made his screenplay debut.
- He wrote “Harper” in 1966, for which he won an Edgar Award.
- Similar to it, his screenplay for the 1969 movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was made.
- He was nominated for an Academy Award for his writing, and this movie was a great hit.
- He also penned the scripts for several other 1976 movies, including “The Hot Rock,” “The Stepford Wives,” “The Great Waldo Pepper,” and “Marathon Man.” The script for “All the President’s Men,” which won William another Oscar in 1976, is another of William’s notable accomplishments.
- His second notable contribution was to “The Princess Bride” in 1987.
- In this film version of his book, Cary Elwes, Robin Wright, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Wallace Shawn, Billy Crystal, and Christopher Guest star.