Facts of Yioda Panayiotou
|Full Name:||Yioda Panayiotou|
|Birthplace:||East Finchley, Middlesex, London|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Profession:||Hairdresser, Celebrity sibling|
|Sibling:||Two (brother George Michael and sister Melanie Panayiotou)|
Yioda Panayiotou is a well-known British celebrity sibling and hairdresser. Yioda Panayiotou rose to fame as the late George Michael’s eldest sister. George is a well-known singer-songwriter, record producer, and philanthropist.
How old is Yioda Panayiotou?
Yioda Panayiotou was born in 1958 and will be 63 in 2021. She is from East Finchley, Middlesex, in London, England. Yioda’s parents are father Kyriacos Panayiotou and mother Lesley Angold (née Harrison). Her father was a Greek Cypriot restaurateur who was also known as “Jack.” Yioda’s father immigrated to England in the 1950s.
Her mother was also an English dancer who died in 1997. Yioda’s maternal grandmother was Jewish. She did, however, marry a non-Jew. Eventually, her grandmother raised her children with no knowledge of their Jewish heritage. It was due to fear during World War II.
Yioda has two siblings, George Michael and Melanie. Her brother is a well-known singer, songwriter, record producer, and philanthropist. Furthermore, Yioda is the only one of her siblings who is still alive. Yioda lost her brother in 2016 and her sister Melanie in 2019 when she was only 59 years old.
Who is Yioda Panayiotou married to?
Yioda Panayiotou is married, according to the internet. However, there are no details about her wedding date, husband, or children.
How tall is Yioda Panayiotou?
Yioda Panayiotou is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around 60 kg. Her hair is naturally dark brown, but it has grayed with age. Aside from that, no information is available about her other body measurements, such as her chest-waist-hip measurements, dress size, shoe size, and so on.
Career line of Yioda Panayiotou
- Yioda Panayiotou is a well-known hairdresser. Yioda is best known in the United Kingdom as the late George Michael’s celebrity sibling. Her late brother is a world-renowned singer-songwriter, record producer, and philanthropist.
- Her late brother rose to fame as a member of Wham! It is a music duo, and George later went solo. In 1981, Yioda’s brother formed the band Wham! with Andrew Ridgeley. Yioda’s brother had sold over 115 million records worldwide when he died.
- As a result, George Michael became one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
- Yioda’s brother also had seven #1 singles on the UK Singles Chart. He also had eight #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States. Her brother has also won a number of music awards. There are also two Grammy Awards, three Brit Awards, six Ivor Novello Awards, three American Music Awards, 12 Billboard Music Awards, and four MTV Video Music Awards on the list.
- Then, in 2008, Yioda’s brother was ranked 40th on Billboard’s list of the Greatest Hot 100 Artists of All Time.
- Wham! released their first two albums, Fantastic and Make It Big, in 1983 and 1984, respectively. These albums debuted at the top of the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard 200. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and Last Christmas are two of the duo’s hit singles.
- Wham! is a global act. In addition, the duo visited China in April 1985. This was the first visit to China by a Western popular music act. The duo eventually gained worldwide media attention. Careless Whisper is Yioda’s brother’s debut solo single. This single reached number one in over 20 countries.
- Furthermore, Yioda’s brother’s debut solo album, Faith, was released in 1987. This album subsequently topped the UK Albums Chart.
- This solo album then spent 12 weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 chart. Faith, Father Figure, One More Try, and Monkey are the four singles from this album that have reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
- At the 1989 Grammy Awards, the single Faith received the “Album of the Year” award. Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1, released in 1990, was a UK #1 and included the Billboard Hot 100 #1 Praying for Time. Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me is Yioda’s brother’s 1991 duet with Elton John. This duet is also a transatlantic #1.
- Yioda’s brother went on to release the albums Older in 1996 and Songs from the Last Century in 1999. Later that year, in 2004, Michael released the album Patience. The same year, the Radio Academy named George Michael the most played artist on British radio from 1984 to 2004.
- In 1998, Yioda’s brother came out as gay. As a result, he was also an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights. Michael was also an HIV/AIDS charity fundraiser. During the late 1990s and early 2000s, Yioda’s brother’s personal life, as well as his legal problems, made headlines.
- Michael was arrested for public lewdness. After that, he was arrested for a number of drug-related offenses.
- Michael’s career and personal life were depicted in the 2005 documentary A Different Story. The 25 Live tour was Yioda’s brother’s first since 1991.
- This tour consisted of three tours over the course of three years. After four years, Yioda’s brother gave his final concert at London’s Earls Court in 2012. Moving on, there is no verified information about Yioda’s net worth or earnings.
- When it comes to her late brother’s net worth, George Michael was estimated to be worth around $200 million US dollars.